7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2014 11:33 AM by mykw123

element spins repeatedly

mykw123

Hi,

How do I make an object or element spins repeatedly in Edge Animate?  I am new with Edge Animate, please help.

Thanks,

mykw123

• 1. Re: element spins repeatedly
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you tell us what direction it is spinning? Do you already have it spin once? Is it a symbol? If yes, you can all sym.play(0) at the end of its timeline.

• 2. Re: element spins repeatedly
            mykw123 Level 1

Hi resdesign,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have in mind to have a ballet dancer image to spin/ dance.  I would like to have her spins as she dances, it could be spinning either from the left or right.  I got another element to turn around and around but not really like spinning the way I want.  I am new (still a student) with Edge Animate and I am not so comfortable with code.  Looks like there needs to be some understanding on code for certain animations to me.  

Thanks very much for your help!!

mykw123

• 3. Re: element spins repeatedly

I think the easiest would be to create your animation in Fireworks and then import it in Animate and make a symbol of it. You can use John's plugin to export to Animate and it will automatically add the display on/off. Then you can select all the layers - create a symbol and add the code sym.play(0); to the end it the symbol's timeline.

Download the plugin here: http://johndunning.com/fireworks/about/EdgeAnimate

Let me know if I can help some more.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: element spins repeatedly
                mykw123 Level 1

Thanks again for your help.  I have never used Fireworks before but it does sound simpler.  I have checked out the link you sent me- thank you.  Am going to spend some time to understand Fireworks and let you know the result by tomorrow.  Thank you so much!!  I appreciate it!! : )

mykw123 

• 5. Re: element spins repeatedly
                  mykw123 Level 1

Hi Redesign,

I just downloaded the software Fireworks.  I am not really sure how to use it as this is completely new to me.  It is going to take me some time to understand it for sure, and this homework is due very soon.  I guess I will have to wait till later to learn Fireworks.  In the meantime, I just have to try harder with understanding the code in Edge Animate for certain animations. 

Thanks again for your great help here!  I hope you have a good weekend!

mykw123

• 6. Re: element spins repeatedly

I will pm some examples to you. This will help you understand some aspects of animate.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: element spins repeatedly
                      mykw123 Level 1

Thank you, Resdesign!!    You are so nice and helpful!! 

mykw123