3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2014 1:02 PM by A.T. Romano

When I upload video, the video disappears and screen is green.

Griffith14

I am uploading a few videos to Adobe Premier Elements, and when it is uploaded there is no video - just a green screen.  The audio still works.  The video plays perfectly in Windows Media Player.  Any suggestions?  Below is a picture of what it looks like when uploaded.  Thank you!

1.jpg

• 1. Re: When I upload video, the video disappears and screen is green.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Griffith14

Lots more of information needed to help you with this.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are the properties of the video that you have imported into the Elements Organizer? We can see that it has a .mov file extension. What is the video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, and pixel aspect ratio? What device recorded the video?

3. What happens if you import the video into Premiere Elements with its Get Media/Files and Folders (versions earlier than 11) and drag the video to the Timeline? Do you get green video or the video that you expect? If you have done that already, what did you set for the project preset in that project?

4. And, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements? Are you running the program as Run As Administrator and from a User Account With Administrative Privileges?

Let us get the above factors ruled in or out and then we can decide what next if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: When I upload video, the video disappears and screen is green.
            Griffith14 Level 1

I updated to the most recent version of QuickTime and it worked - thank you!!

• 3. Re: When I upload video, the video disappears and screen is green.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Griffith14

That was great news.

Thanks for the follow up which is so important to those who seek help in forum support.

Continued success.

ATR