8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2014 8:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?

IceManTX10

I am sure this has been asked and perhaps there is an answer somewhere but I cannot find it. Why, in Premiere Elements 12, does the playback stop when the program loses focus? This is a problem for multitasking in general, but especially with a dual monitor setup where you want to take notes on an additional screen while watching playback. At the least, this should be an option you can disable.

Thanks,

Daniel

• 1. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

Sorry to use the cliche but "it is what it is".

This is no option that I have ever heard about to disable the stoppage of the playback when you go to another application.

This has been written about in several threads and is not unique to Premiere Elements 12.

We are not Adobe here. Just Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows.

To try to have your voice heard by Adobe, you might want to consider filing one of those Adobe Feature/Bug Request Report  Forms.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
            IceManTX10 Level 1

I appreciate the response. I like the product overall and I'm quite certain the feature is built in to accomadate touch interfaces (as seems most of the function of the redesign starting with 11), and I can definitely see the advantage of this feature on a tablet. Probably Adobe would direct me towards Premiere Pro for a more desktop friendly UI. I just wish there could be a checkbox to turn it off. Good to know I'm not crazy:)

• 3. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel

I like to try to take the program beyond the party line and have done so on more than one occasion.

Cannot be done is always a challenge. In this case, I am stuck at "it is what it is" on this playback stoppage when the user goes to another application. If I ever find the way, I will post.

Thanks for the follow up. Much appreciated.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

IceMan,

As of PrPro CC, there IS a feature to keep playback going, when another program gets focus. This is new, and I cannot tell you what the limitations of this feature might be, or what issues one might have, invoking it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Pro Cloud "today" MAY mean Premiere Elements next version... but, nobody knows that except Adobe

• 6. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

That has been playing in my mind too. To date, I have not even heard a whisper on a PrE CC licensing version. I still think that due to the nature of PrE, and its target audience, we will not see a CC version soon - but remember that when PrPro CS 6 was first launched, few saw the CC concept coming either!

Guess that we will just have to wait, and see what "present" Adobe puts under our Christmas tree...

Hunt

• 7. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Actually, I didn't mean a PrEl-CC version... I was thinking about "feature cross-pollination" where "some" of the features of PPro CC "might" be added to the next (still standalone, I hope) version of Premiere Elements

I personally hope that Elements is not added to the Cloud... but, as you say, nobody knows what Adobe will do in the future

• 8. Re: Why Does Premiere Elements 12 stop playback?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

Ah, I mis-read the post.

Historically, there HAS been some cross-pollination between the two versions of Premiere. PrE got both AVCHD and VOB Import and editing, before PrPro did, and a few features have "trickeled down" from PrPro - though there are some, like Track Locking, that have just not made it yet.

I completely understand why there are different features between the two programs, given their different target audiences, but still, some features from "big-brother" would be appreciated.

Hey, at least one can still author a DVD-Video, or BD, from PrE - something that PrPro CC cannot do, without adding the legacy Encore CS 6. [Now, if PrE would just add ALL of the features from Encore... !]

Hunt