3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2014 7:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Making the video behind a photo not show.

Bobanner

I've recorded video of people talking about their lives and at points I want to add photos of what they are talking about as they talk on the video.  I can add the photos and they display fine but they are not the correct format to fill the screen so I get the video showing on either side of the picture.

What I'd like to see is perhaps a black background where the photo doesn't cover.  I have some ideas of how to get the result I want but wondered if there was a simple fix for this issue...

• 1. Re: Making the video behind a photo not show.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bobanner

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If you cannot scale the photos to fill the screen,

a. click on Monitor and scale moving handles of bounding box

b. Motion Panel expanded/Scale Property

then consider

Video 3 Your Photo

Video 2 A Black Video Clip from the program's New Item

Video 1 Your Video

More specific details available with more details of your program and computer operating system.

ATR

• 2. Re: Making the video behind a photo not show.
            Bobanner Level 1

I'm running APE 11 on Windows 8.1

The black video clip was exactly what I needed.  I played around with trying to create a black jpg but the black video clip works so much better and I don't have to mess with dimensions.  Thanks

Create and add a black video clip 

You add black video clips to separate multiple movies or to create pauses in a movie. You can also use a black video clip for a title.

• Click Project Assets.

In the Project Assets panel, click New Item from the panel options and choose Black Video.

• 3. Re: Making the video behind a photo not show.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bobanner

Thanks for the good news that the generalized workflow suggestion worked for you.

I could not be more specific since you did not give the version of Premiere Elements with which you were working.

Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Continued success.

ATR