5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 10:49 PM by hemanthR

Duplicate text after publish with static HTML

DC-70

Hello,

When I publish my Adobe Edge Animate creation with the "Publish Content with Static HTML" option ticked, I get black duplicate text added to my navigation symbols. See below - the top "home" is without the static HTML option, and the bottom one is with. Note the small black "home" under the bottom yellow "home". Does anyone know how I can prevent this?

http://www.davidcox.tv/website2/duplicateText.jpg

Software version is 3.0.0.322.27519

DC

• 1. Re: Duplicate text after publish with static HTML
          hemanthR Adobe Employee

HI DC,

Do you face this problem with every text field you publish with static html option ticked using Animte 3?

Is this a brower specific issue?

Is it possible for you to upload files or mail me ,so that we can isolate the issue.

I guess somehow a shadow is gettting applied to text or we are rendering both the text in HTML file and the text in JSON published from Animate

-Hemanth

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Duplicate text after publish with static HTML
            DC-70 Level 1

Hello,

Thanks very much for the response.

In answer to your questions - no, it doesn't happen to every text field in the same project. Just ones that form part of my navigation bar. They are text fields inside a symbol object, inside another symbol object. The issue is repeatabe across different browsers. The issue is not shown when the project is previewed in a browser (CTRL ENTER) but is shown when the site is published with the static html option.

I will email you my project files shortly.

Thanks again for your assistance.

DC

• 3. Re: Duplicate text after publish with static HTML
              hemanthR Adobe Employee

HI DC,

Text elements are exported multiple times on exporting file as a static HTML i.e. once in the parent symbol and once in the child symbol

If you manually remove the text element in the parent symbol (highlighted in the attached image) small black text will go away.

Capture.PNG

• 4. Re: Duplicate text after publish with static HTML
                DC-70 Level 1

Thanks for the response.

Is this a bug in Edge Animate as the duplicate doesn't appear either in the design interface or with the preview-in-browser. Is there a way of preventing it without having to manually edit the files generated by Edge Animate externally?

DC

• 5. Re: Duplicate text after publish with static HTML
                  hemanthR Adobe Employee

Seems like a Animate bug though i would have to debug  a little more.

Sadly i am unaware of anyway to over come this bug other than manually removing