9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 11:43 AM by ro nit

Ro nit

ro nit

how do I create white background in a fine photography like jewelry?

• 1. Re: Ro nit
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Assuming you have two layers, one for the jewelry; one for the background, it's a matter of eliminating the original background of the jewelry (which should be at the top of the layer stack) and filling in the background via the More icon (looks like an ampersand "&") > Fill & Stroke.

How you eliminate the background of the jewelry in the original image will all depend on how complex it is. The simpler, the better.

• 2. Re: Ro nit
            ro nit Level 1

Thanks I thought the background layerneeds to be in first and yes this is complicated but at list I can manage the simple ones now .., thanks

• 3. Re: Ro nit

You're welcome.

An image at the top of the stack is the most visible (provided it's at 100% opacity with normal blending). Think of it as layers of real-world acetate transparencies.

• 4. Re: Ro nit
                ro nit Level 1

Thank you, I have another question: what if my jewelry item has small holes

in it would it be easier to take out the background (transparent) ?

my option is to leave no background ..

thanks

• 5. Re: Ro nit

You could use any of the selection tools (the Brush Selection Tool or Magic Wand Tool would probably be the most ideal), then use the Edit icon (looks like a pencil, 3rd icon from the top left) > Clear.

If the holes are initially too small to select, zoom in by pinch zooming.

• 6. Re: Ro nit
                    ro nit Level 1

Thank you so much I'll get right on it

• 7. Re: Ro nit
                      ro nit Level 1

Hello my friend, I've searched  online and found the Magic eraser tool, and

the Quick selection tool from photo shop video .are those tools can be

found also with my device? (Samsung Galaxy note 10.1)  ??

Thanks again

• 8. Re: Ro nit

Those specific tools aren't available in PS Touch. (The closest is the Magic Wand Tool to quickly select elements and the Eraser Tool which is self-explanatory; it simply erases elements.) There are the other tools, though, like the Scribble Selection Tool (and don't forget the Refine Edge command under the selection options; 4th icon from the upper left).

• 9. Re: Ro nit
                          ro nit Level 1

Okay thanks, I tried them  they are not as precised as they should get in a

fine HD photography.  Now I know I just need to buy the entire program

Thank you so much for you helpful tips.