Let us go through the typical drill.
1. Have you gone to Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application and spotted any Errors or Information that may relate to your project problems?
2. What video card/graphics card does your computer use and is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?
3. Are you running Premiere Elements from as Run As Administrator and from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?
4. What project preset have you or the project set for the project? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and Editing Mode/Timebase/Frame Size/Pixel Aspect Ratio.
5. What are the properties of your source media?
Video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio?
You say this is a DV project? Any chance you are doing DV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements Capture Window? If not, could you be importing DV AVI type1 instead of type 2 from capture firewire with another program?
6. Have you tried working with the program with the antivirus off?
7. You talk about a DV project. Is that in terms of import and export? If so, what have been your export and export settings.
8. How do you have the Scratch Disks setup and did you install your Premiere Elements 12 to default location?
Let us rule in or out the above and then we can decide what next?
How do i check if I am running PE as Administrator?
Video Card is NVidia Quadro 600 - drivers are up to date.
All clips were captured as mov files on another computer a while ago using Premriere Pro. Have been imported directly into PE as mov files.
Export settings were PE's 'publish to DVD'
Properties of source media are 720 x 576 25.00iLFF 38000Z
I think was installed to default location !
Thank you for being so thorough in yr questions.
In Windows 7 64 bit, please see Control Panel/User Accounts and Family Safety/User Accounts/. Does the thumbnail show Administrator for the User Account that you are using to run the program? Even if it does, please right click the Premiere Elements desktop icon, select and click on Run As Administrator.
Did any of that impact the issue?
What were these clips - DV.mov captured from DV data capture firewire into Premiere Pro Mac Capture Window?
I asked you so many question before, but I do not think that I asked you the classical question "Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12? That is a requirement.
Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.
ATR - you are just SO helpful! Please know you are appreciated!!
Yes - the DV.mov were captured firewire from Premiere Pro Mac capture window!
Yes I do have the lates QuickTime installed.
I have right clicked Run as Administrator but not much difference noticed.
So despite your best suggestions I am not much further advanced but I do appreciate your help!