3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2014 8:18 PM by A.T. Romano

Is Sony Handycam HDR-SR10 a supported device for Premiere Elements 10?

happyherbert

Is the Sony Handycam HDR-SR10 a supported device for Premiere Elements 10?

• 1. Re: Is Sony Handycam HDR-SR10 a supported device for Premiere Elements 10?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

happyherbert

Could you fine tune your question?

In what way do you mean compatible...from the point of view of the video it records or rather from the point of view of making a USB connection between it and the computer/Premiere Elements to import your media into a project.

What are you going to record..what format? It looks like AVCHD 1080i is one of those choices. Generalizing, that format should be compatible with Premiere Elements 10.

What is the computer operating system that you are running Premiere Elements 10 on?

Please supply more information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is Sony Handycam HDR-SR10 a supported device for Premiere Elements 10?
            happyherbert Level 1

Thanks for the quick response A.T.!

My friend has the camcorder and I have the computer/program. O.S. is Vista. I'm concerned as to whether P.E. 10 will recognize the device since it is an older model camcorder. I do have the correct USB cable.  I do believe it is AVCHD 1080i. Your assistance is much appreciated.

-gary

• 3. Re: Is Sony Handycam HDR-SR10 a supported device for Premiere Elements 10?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

happyherbert

I cannot give any guarantee as to whether you can make a USB connection between camcorder and computer/Premiere Elements 10 Get Media/"Flip, AVCHD, Cameras, Phones or Removal Drive"/Video Importer but it might work.

But worst case, which is not so bad, is transferring the AVCHD files to the computer hard drive and then importing the files into a Premiere Elements 10 project with the program's Get Media/Files and Folders.

If you have Full 1080i30, then the project preset that you would set before you import the files would be

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD 1080i30

We can discuss more about settings when you have more details.

You are at a disadvantage with Premiere Elements 10 on Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit). In that arrangement, Premiere Elements 10 is a 32 bit application with the limitations of 32 bit system. AVCHD is a rather resource demanding format. If Premiere Elements 10 were on specifically Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, then it would be a 64 bit application that could take advantage of the 64 bit resources. All that would translate into getting a larger project taken to successful completion with a greater frequency.

Please review and then we can go further into the details and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR