2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Crashes when rendering to MPEG

barryindawn

When exporting to MPEG.  HDTV 1080i High Quality, in Premiere Elements 11, it shuts the computer down before it finishes rendering.  

Camera Sony VG 20.  

Computer, Processor Intel® Core™ i7 CPU  860 @ 2.80GHz  2.80 GHz.  RAM 16GB.  System 64 bit.   Have had no trouble before with videos up to 12min.long, this one 10min-40sec have reloaded it 4 times into different drives, all drives have large free space, do disc cleanup regaly, defrag regaly. have tryed 3 min video also render to DVD wide-screen with no luck.

Have been using for 10 months without a problem.

Barry A.

Hoping someone has an answer.

• 1. Re: Crashes when rendering to MPEG
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Barry,

The "shutting down" of the computer is a big deal. A BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), whether you see the blue screen, or not, usually indicates either a hardware issue, or a low-level driver acting up with the OS. This Tips & Tricks article goes into more detail, and also has links to tools, that can help you track down the issue: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3465303#3465303

PrE will not cause a BSOD, but it might stress a weak aspect of the computer, more than other programs, so one sees the BSOD, while using an intensive function of PrE, such as when exporting a file, burning a DVD or Rendering the Timeline.

Good luck, and please let us know that you have tracked down the issue.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Crashes when rendering to MPEG
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's always helpful to know which version of the program you're using and on what operating system.

Your camcorder shoots in multiple formats and frame rates.

Can you confirm that you've shot in 1920x1080 60i or 60p AVCHD?'

Also, what are your Project Settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

When you place your video on your timeline in Expert view, does a yellow-orange line appear along the top of the timeline above your clips?