6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 9:00 AM by A.T. Romano

how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?

bernardbussemaker

how can I make stills from my 16:9 movie to bitmap without having distortion?

! work with Adobe Premiere Elements 10

• 1. Re: how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?
          nealeh Level 5

This is from PRE12, but it is similar in PSE10. Under the export options (Publish+Share in v12, probably something else in v10) there is the option to export to computer. Scroll down the list of export formats until you find 'Image'. That will export your frame to a still image file without distortion.

1.png

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, you say "16:9," but what are the pixel x pixel dimensions of the Frame Size, and what is the PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio) of the video?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?
              bernardbussemaker Level 1

Dear Bill,

! have a Panasonic NV GS 23 Digital Videocamera with normal PAR, which I can switch tot PAR 16:9.

I have it as AVI imported in my computer

It is PAL 625 lines, 50 fields. 3ccd sensor effective pixel moving image 400/ Kx3

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Bernard Bussemaker

• 4. Re: how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?
                bernardbussemaker Level 1

Dear Bill,

Pixels are 270X576.

I  choose HD format, but the stilpicurestays distorted.

Greeting,

Bernard

• 5. Re: how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?
                  nealeh Level 5

720 x 576 is standard definition so try PAL> DV> Widescreen for your project format.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 6. Re: how can i make still from 16:9 film tot bitmap without distortion?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bernard Bussemaker

If you really have a 720 x 576 Standard Widescreen Video 16:9 (PAR = 1.4587) and you want a jpg still capture from it using Premiere Elements 10, then I suggest the following:

Premiere Elements 10

Project Preset = PAL DV Widescreen

Place the Timeline Indicator to the frame that you want as a jpg image.

Go to

Computer

and there set Presets = DV PAL SD (it is long story, but you do not have much choice at that level), so

you could experiment with JPEG - HD 1920 x 1080 but no sure how that is going to look going from 720 x 576 to 1920 x 1080, so

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset, set

Frame Width 1024 or 1050 pixels

Frame Width 576 pixels

Aspect = Square (1.0)

("or" relates to....if you just want a 16:9 jpg still, then 1024 will do fine. If you want a 16:9 jpg still that will present in a Premiere Elements project to fill the Edit Mode monitor, then 1050.

1024 x 576 is the square pixel version of the non square pixel version 720 x 576 widescreen which is stretched for display after encoding.

Image can resize downward if necessary. More details on that later.)

If the details of what I have suggested are too much, then just try the suggestion step by step and then  let us know if it works for you. If any questions or you need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

If you are really dealing with a 720 x 576 4:3 standard video, we can go through that next.

But the answers are in the details.

Thanks.

ATR