1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2006 11:48 PM by Newsgroup_User

Hotspots, Slices, and Pop-Up Text

spagonz
      Hello,

I have the Macromedia Studio MX 2004 product, including Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Freehand. I'd like to know the simplest way and tool to use (Fireworks? Flash? Dreamweaver?) to create what I call a pop-up bubble (or box) with a textual description inside when the user (ideally) mouses over (or not so ideally..'clicks on') a part of an illustration or mouses over other text (for example, textual captions). Please do a 'google' on 'Product Demos' and click on the 'Blackberry' link. You'll see a bunch of thumbnails of their products...click on any product. You'll immediately get a Flash 8 slide presentation show....but click on the 'interactive' button below (lower far right) and you'll see what I'm talking about with the text pop-ups...the creator chose to have the viewer mouse over text to get these...I'd also like to be able to mouse over parts/sectors of a graphic....

I look forward to hearing from one and all.

Much thanks!
        • 1. Re: Hotspots, Slices, and Pop-Up Text
          Level 7
          That was all done on Flash.

alex

spagonz wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have the Macromedia Studio MX 2004 product, including Dreamweaver,
          > Fireworks, Flash, and Freehand. I'd like to know the simplest way and tool to
          > use (Fireworks? Flash? Dreamweaver?) to create what I call a pop-up bubble (or
          > box) with a textual description inside when the user (ideally) mouses over (or
          > not so ideally..'clicks on') a part of an illustration or mouses over other
          > text (for example, textual captions). Please do a 'google' on 'Product Demos'
          > and click on the 'Blackberry' link. You'll see a bunch of thumbnails of their
          > products...click on any product. You'll immediately get a Flash 8 slide
          > presentation show....but click on the 'interactive' button below (lower far
          > right) and you'll see what I'm talking about with the text pop-ups...the
          > creator chose to have the viewer mouse over text to get these...I'd also like
          > to be able to mouse over parts/sectors of a graphic....
          >
          > I look forward to hearing from one and all.
          >
          > Much thanks!
          >