The current environment is Cold Fusion 9 and SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
The some of the data on the SQL Server is going to be encrypted because it contains sensitive data. The data is going to be encrypted by SQL server.
The data is not going to be encrypted by Cold Fusion.
The question I have is there a way for Cold Fusion to access the encrypted SQL Server data?
Also, is there a way for Cold Fusion to encrypt the data (Using the SQL Server encrytion)?
Did you find a solution for your problem.
I have exact the same Problem: Configuration a datasources to MS SQL Backend with option encryption enforced (by SQL Server).
I goggled in the internet for the configuration of the datasource and find multiple articles/advices:
Configuration a datasource type other with jtds.jdbc.Driver and manual configuration of the connection string:
1. Downloading the driver and copy to the cfusion/lib directory: Done, the driver was recognized by coldfusion after a restart of the service.
2. Copying the ntlmauth.dll to the bin directory of jre/bin: Done
3. Configuration of the jdbc URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xxxx.xxx.xxx.net:1433/db: Works, I don’t get a connection timeout
4. User and PW: Works: I don’T get a login failure.
5. Advanced settings: Connection String: Maybe here is somethng wrong, I think: EncryptionMethod=SSL; TrustStore=Path\sqlstore.jks; TrustStorePassword=xxx; ValidateServerCertificate=true; HostNameInCertificate=xxx.xxx.xxx.net;
Error Message (Coldfusion logs/stack trace): I/O Error: DB server closed connection. SQLException while attempting to connect: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: DB server closed connection..