Hi knowledgable and helpful Adobe forum people,
I'm getting an E_ACT_NOT_READY error when trying to open an ebook I just purchased and downloaded.
I've had an Adobe ID for several years and bought several Adobe ebooks from various retailers and generally access the ebooks on desktop (I know - wierd), I just got a new MacBook and want to move some books across, and buy some new ones.
- I installed ADE 3.0 on my new MacBook (I didn't get a prompt to authorise my computer and there doesn't seem to be an option in the menu to do this retrospectively)
- I've paid for and downloaded an ebook in the form of a 1KB ASCM file
- I go to open the ASCM file
- I get an E_ACT_NOT_READY error when attempting to open the new ebook I just downloaded, as well as other ebooks I have in my library:
- Is anyone else getting this error?
- Has anyone found a solution / workaround?
This is REALLY frustrating - any assistance from Adobe or anyone on what might be causing this much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.