2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 9:40 AM by Rick Gerard

3d text question

alexdanielgames

i have my 3d text on 3d track camera and i want to be able to keep my text in one place the whole time while still being tracked by the 3d track camera. But i cant put the text in a specific place while it is being moved with the 3d track camera. So pretty much i moved text halfway throughout the 4 second video and then it shows the text in that spot for one frame and then it switches back to where the text was earlier. I want the text to stay in the spot that i put it for that one frame throughout the whole video.

• 1. Re: 3d text question
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do you mean by a 3d track camera?

What do you mean you want your text "in place the whole time"? Do you mean you want it to be in the same place on the screen or do you want it to appear to be stationary in a shot relative to the objects in a shot as a camera moves past?

If your text appears to move, you may have keyframes on it. Do you have any keyframes on your text layer? Press U while your layer is highlighted to reveal any keyframes.

More info and some screenshots will help us understand your problem.

• 2. Re: 3d text question
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have a good 3D track you simply position the text using the target tools and you're done. You should not be animating the text position unless you want the text to move relative to the fixed objects in the scene.

Look at this: