6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 8:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 4 crashing while exporting.

xmau5

Hello,

So I recently made a video for YouTube and it went smoothly until I tried to export it. It always crashes around 60%, and the "Adobe Premiere Elements has stopped working" messages pops up. I'm not sure what it could be.

Any help here would be very appreciated as this is very frustrating. Thank you!

I am using Elements 4 with Windows 7.

My computer has:

3.3 GHz Processor

6.0 GBs of RAM

Over a Terabyte of harddrive space

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4 crashing while exporting.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

xmau5

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 4 running on? Please confirm if you are using Windows 7 32 or 64 bit computer.

Please clarify how you are exporting?

Are you trying to upload your Timeline content to YouTube from the Premiere Elements 4 Share/Online/YouTube and it crashes the computer? If so, what YouTube preset are you selecting? Or are you export to a file Share/Compute/? and Premiere Elements 4 crashes in this export? If so, give your export choice and the export settings, either default or export settings customized under the Advanced Button/Video Tab.

What are your project settings?

What are the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline?

Any clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4 crashing while exporting.
            xmau5 Level 1

Hello again ATR!!

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit.

I'm not using the export to youtube option, I'm exporting by going to File>Export>Movie.

A.T. Romano wrote:

Are you trying to upload your Timeline content to YouTube from the Premiere Elements 4 Share/Online/YouTube and it crashes the computer? If so, what YouTube preset are you selecting? Or are you export to a file Share/Compute/? and Premiere Elements 4 crashes in this export? If so, give your export choice and the export settings, either default or export settings customized under the Advanced Button/Video Tab.

I am not sure what my export settings are, but I haven't changed them since we fixed the not rendering/or exporting problem from before. (When we installed QuickTime.) To find this out should I go to File>Export>Movie and click Settings?

I am still using the 720HD files, and the clips i'm using are bandicam recordings. I've used the same clips before in other videos and it worked just fine. I'm thinking it might be something with the file itself, like maybe it got currupted somewhere? I really don't want to remake what I made in this file.

Thank you!!

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4 crashing while exporting.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

xmau5

Sorry for the delay. I apologize for losing track of your thread.

Thanks for the update.

1. Double Check Export Settings. For your File Menu/Export/Movie, look at the Summary of the Export Movie dialog. Does it reflect the properties that you want for your export? If not, then click on Settings in the Export Movie dialog to get to the Export Settings Dialog. Start with the General tab and the File Type and go through the information there and also under the other tabs of the Export Settings Dialog.

2. An alternative route that can be used in your version is Share/Personal Computer/.....

3. Assuming that the settings are exactly the same as times when everything worked, then explore your corrupt file theory. The ideal feature to use here would be "Replace Footage" where you replace the footage with the original from the hard drive. The nice part about this feature is that you do not lose the edits to what you have. But, the big however, I do no see the "Replace Footage" feature in Premiere Elements 4.

So, I would just delete the file from the Timeline and Project Media and then import it again in the project in Project Media and Timeline position. You would have add your edits to it then.

But before you do all that, if everything is exactly as times when "it worked", then expanded the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline and inspect the Timeline for irregularies related to placement of titles, transitions, audio, etc. Also, look for leftovers. These leftovers can be fragments of clips and present typically as thin vertical black lines scattered in the track content.

Please review the above. Depending on the results, please remind me

a. Project Preset

b. Source Media other than your 720p

c. File/Export/Movie, Summary and File Type et al under Settings.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4 crashing while exporting.
                xmau5 Level 1

Hello,

I tried the Share/Personal Computer option and it crashed as soon as it started rendering. I also tried to just play the project in the Timeline and it crashed then too.

So then I looked in the export settings and changed the file type to QuickTime and it got to 70% and then crashed again. I don't think this file has any hope.

Okay so when I was playing it back it would crash at THE SAME EXACT clip, so I deleted it and tried to export again and it worked. I'm guessing the footage was corrupted there maybe?

Thank you!

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4 crashing while exporting.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

xmau5

Great news. Great troubleshooting.

Very pleased with your success.

When you get the chance, you could do a mini test in a new project where you run this problem clip by itself and determine if it can be used. It could be corrupt. But the issue could have been placement in the Timeline content, maybe a transition issue, lots of possibilities. I would not risk putting it in another project until you gave it a troubleshooting workout by itself.

We are very pleased with your progress.

Best wishes.

ATR