4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 6:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 Organizer keeps crashing.

GranniNoob

I recently purchased a retail version of Adobe Premiere Elements 12. When trying to access the Organizer, either from the Welcome screen or from the Edit window I receive this error msg. "Elements Organizer has stopped working"., and then the program closes.  I have tried several things suggested by support, including uninstalling and re-installing, downloaded and implimented Adobe Support Adviser, ( no issues found), but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on an x64 based pc laptop, (Lenovo i7 - 2670QM CPU, 2.20 GHz, 220 Mhz), 4 GB RAM).

I am new to Adobe Elements so don't know what else to try. If anyone can suggest something further to try, PLEASE advise.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Organizer keeps crashing.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

GranniNoob

Please follow the path below and delete or disable the Elements Organizer 12 settings file named psa.prf.

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder change the name of the psa.prf from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD to disable it. If you want, you can just delete it instead. After you close out of there and open Premiere Elements 12 again, a new psa.prf file will be generated by the program and hopefully the issue will be gone.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path involved.

Any clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Organizer keeps crashing.
            GranniNoob Level 1

Greetings ATR,

No that didn't work as there is no psa.prf file in that folder. I took a screen grab if you'd like to see it and can tell me how to send it to you. Is it possible to find it on the program's disk in one of the cab files and insert it in the proper folder? (Not well versed in the tech world so please forgive if that is a dumb question). Otherwise, any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Organizer keeps crashing.
              GranniNoob Level 1

Greetings again ATR,

I just wanted to let you know that I have remedied my problem. I uninstalled and then re-installed (again) Elements 12 and then followed your advice from another helpful post you made to Long160, about holding down control+alt+shift and holding the left mouse button while clicking on the Organizer tab in the Welcome screen. That did the trick!! I created a new catalog and now the psa.prf has shown up in the Organizer sequence you posted to me. Thank you so very much for your prompt and helpful replies. Nice to know that there is excellant customer support out there!! Have a great day!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 Organizer keeps crashing.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

GranniNoob

Glad that the Elements Organizer settings file was at the core of the issue. The shortcut that you used gets at the same psa.prf file.

Under certain circumstances, creation of a new Elements Organizer catalog can help some of these Elements Organizer failures. But the deletion of the Elements Organizer catalog is typically a good start Elements Organizer troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks for the follow up.

Best wishes

ATR