• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Programm crashed, had to reinstall and now my notes are gone. Can I recover them?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading an eBook form my research library which wille xpire in 3 days. I highlited some text and I made some notes. All of a sudden the program crashed when I tried to copy the name of a book in a footnote. I couldn't find the programme nor would the file open anymore. When trying to open the file it would send me to the Adobe website. So I downloaded the installer again and when trying to install I got a message that the previous version needed to be fixed. Adobe Digital Editions was fixed, I could open the book but my notes are gone.

Does this happen often? Is there a way to recover the notes?

System: Windows 8.

To be honest i am weary of using your software at all again. I think I will read it online form my library and copy every higlight immediately. It is nice that I can access books immediately but if this thing is going to crash whenever I prefer to wait one or two days to get the physical book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the notes are saved before the crash, it will be in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Digital Editions\Annotations\<BOOKNAME>.epub.annot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In that case, can I transfer my notes [using the .annot files] into a different [authorized] computer.

Basically, I switch between my two computers quite often and want to make sure I have the notes/highlights synched for my purchased book.

Possible? Alternate solution?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dominic_michaelI can see the file, how do I restore the highlighing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines