5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 1:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Combining projects

melatk

I've just created 7 projects from over 5000 photos following an extended trip abroad. I've checked and double checked each and made a DVD for each one, but I'd now like to combine them on 1 or 2 DVDs preferably with a simple menu. How can I do this within Elements 11? Or do I have to do it some other way? Thanks for any help you can give - and please note I'm no expert just patient!!

• 1. Re: Combining projects
          A.T. Romano Level 7

melatk

How do these 7 projects exist..Each in the Elements Organizer 11 as Slide Show Project or each saved closed as a Premiere Elements 11 project (project.prel file)? Are these projects standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9?

Do you still have the 7 projects, each as a Premiere Elements 11 project.prel file. If so, for each try export Publish+Share/Computer/AVI with Presets = DV NTSC Standard or DV NTSC Widescreen or the PAL counterpart. You now have 7 DV AVI files.

Then import the 7 DV AVI files into a Premiere Elements 11 project that you have set for NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen or the PAL counterpart project preset.

The grand project would be exported Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with either the NTSC Dolby DVD or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or PAL counterpart preset.

Please review and then let us know if you need clarification on anything written. Remember the answers are in the details, so please include as many as possible to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Combining projects
            melatk Level 1

Hi

Thanks for replying so quickly. Yes the projects are in project.prel files and are widescreen PAL.

The method you suggested sounds easy enough but I'm just slightly anxious about exporting the files to AVI files - I will still have a the original project.prel file saved won't I? just thinking in case there should be any glaring errors that I've missed and could potentially want to sort.

thanks so much

Melanie

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:28:22 -0800

To: melatk@live.com

Subject: Combining projects

Re: Combining projects

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

melatk

How do these 7 projects exist..Each in the Elements Organizer 11 as Slide Show Project or each saved closed as a Premiere Elements 11 project (project.prel file)? Are these projects standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9?

Do you still have the 7 projects, each as a Premiere Elements 11 project.prel file. If so, for each try export Publish+Share/Computer/AVI with Presets = DV NTSC Standard or DV NTSC Widescreen or the PAL counterpart. You now have 7 DV AVI files.

Then import the 7 DV AVI files into a Premiere Elements 11 project that you have set for NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen or the PAL counterpart project preset.

The grand project would be exported Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with either the NTSC Dolby DVD or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or PAL counterpart preset.

Please review and then let us know if you need clarification on anything written. Remember the answers are in the details, so please include as many as possible to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6106089#6106089

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6106089#6106089

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6106089#6106089. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: Combining projects
              A.T. Romano Level 7

melatk

Thanks for the reply. Glad you have the project.prel files.

After you do an export from a project.prel file, the project.prel should be ready for another export - the same type or another. There should be no damage to the project.prel by exporting its Timeline content.

What you could do is to make a copy of the project.prel (File Menu/Save A Copy) and work from the copy until you gain confidence in the process.

Are you now OK with the details? If not, please ask again for clarification.

Thanks. Looking forward to learning of your progress.

ATR

• 4. Re: Combining projects
                melatk Level 1

Thank you. No problems, will just need to work out the menus now.

Thanks once again.

Best wishes

Melanie

Sent from my Windows Phone

• 5. Re: Combining projects
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Melanie

Glad to learn of your progress.

Please do not hesitate if you have questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR