32 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2014 7:06 AM by zphorkan RSS

I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

horse fan Community Member

I read something about people using cc being able to move a folder from common files to the bridge folder and that fixed their problem.  Not so lucky on my end.

It's been 4 weeks, something like the equivalent of 5 - 7 DAYS on hold, never reaching anyone who actually knew how to fix this. 

I had cs6 properly installed for a couple of weeks on my win7 desktop and my win8 laptop (both 64 bit).  Then out of the blue, bridge just stopped working. 

Although I've done everything I've been told -- uninstalled, run cc cleaner from adobe, reinstalled. Done that multiple times, and once through every folder on the computer to eliminate adobe stuff, then reinstalled and no luck.  Tried moving the folder, no luck. 

Bridge won't even load - it just gives me an error message and there's no way I can load it.  Adobe insisted that I create a new admin and install PS and BR there.  It did work, but did not allow me to use my main login and run bridge.  So If I want to use bridge + a program other than a CS6 program, I couldn't do it.  No help whatsoever.

Please help.  I've gotten the case escalated, but adobe never calls or if they do call (they tried once or twice), they don't leave a phone number and they usually call outside the hours you suggest are the best for reaching you.  I keep having to start at the beginning, with the low level techies, and after several hours, I can get them to take my number and schedule a call with the escalation / senior team.

I want the CEO or someone to realize how badly they are abusing their "customers".  BUT right now I need to get some work done.  I don't want to invest the time to set colors for my monitor or do any customization because they'll just ask me to wipe it again anyway. 

• 1. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
          Jeff A Wright Employee Hosts

Horse Fan I am sorry the difficulties you have faced with Bridge CS6.  Do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team that I can reference?

• 3. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
            station_two Community Member

horse fan,

Your post is blank.  No one saw your message.

This happens often to users who try to access the forum by email rather than logging in to the web site with their web browser.

See here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6107348?tstart=0#6107348

• 4. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
              Curt Y Community Member

horse fan,

You must be using email as there is no content in your reply.

What error message do you get?

The fact that a new user account works means some setting on your computer in original account is incorrect.  Have seen a number of cases like this and it is extremelly difficult to detemine what it is.  Could be a drive, camera, scanner, printer, video card, network, etc. 

• 5. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Hi,

I don't know why there's a problem seeing the content of my original post, but I am logged into the forum, not using email.

When I try to launch bridge, I get an error message that says "Adobe Bridge CS6 stopped working" and the following details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Bridge.exe

Application Version:          5.0.0.399

Application Timestamp:          4f5ec28e

Fault Module Name:          Bridge.exe

Fault Module Version:          5.0.0.399

Fault Module Timestamp:          4f5ec28e

Exception Code:          c0000005

Exception Offset:          000000000036ae49

OS Version:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          dca5

Additional Information 2:          dca5eef3eb4639786ac397e2f866e6e1

Additional Information 3:          ffe3

Additional Information 4:          ffe33cae3dc9a74a841b6be78d093ff8

Of course, Bridge never actually launches.

As far as the fact that some setting on my computer is incorrect, I'd love to find that magic switch to fix it, but remember that this happened after Bridge was properly installed and working for a couple of weeks after my purchase, and it died on BOTH my win7 desktop and my win8 laptop.  Different OS, different hardware, both Dell and both 64 bit. 

I've been very careful about having administrator privileges on both computers, and to my knowledge, I didn't install anything new between the time I installed CS6 and the time Bridge died.  I'm very slow to update windows, after it wiped my partition and nearly cost me all my data and photos...  I research like crazy, and I don't understand this.  But I use photoshop and illustrator in combination with other programs so I can't have a situation where I can't be logged in as me using bridge.

Please give me your thoughts - any hints are appreciated...  fyi - adobe low level phone tech support has been playing hold music for the last 194 minutes.

Thanks!

• 6. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Sorry - don't know why there's a problem - I'm logged into the forum, not using email.

• 7. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

case # 0185088081

If you don't get the email reply, please let me know and I'll post it here.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                      Curt Y Community Member

I see you have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Have you reset the preferences?   If error in this file a reinstall does not affect it.

Hold down Ctrl key and start BRidge.  You should get a reset window with 3 options.  Choose all 3.

• 9. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Horse Fan I have requested a member of our support team to contact you directly regarding the difficulties you are facing.  I would also recommend following any advice Curt Y or Station_Two may have to offer.  They are both very active members of our community and have assisted many other people facing similar challenges.

• 12. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

I can't start Bridge - if I hold down Cntl and double click the bridge icon, I just get the error message (adobe bridge has stopped working, along with the details I posted on the forum).

Are these preferences within windows or within adobe?  Is there some other way to get to them?  I have photoshop and illustrator installed and working - just can't get bridge.

Thanks,

• 13. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Thanks very much for your advice - I'm happy to try what ever suggestions people might have, particularly helpful community members.

*** Right now I am on forever hold with the Adobe tech support number, and have been for the last 4 hours (262 minutes and counting.)  I tried the phone line because if I need to restart the computer, I lose any chat I have going.

So any member of the support team will not be able to reach me on the phone number adobe has on file.  Would you please have them email me and give me a phone number to call them?  or just some assurance that I might get some human help after waiting on hold for so long?  I would be happy to arrange a time to talk to a senior tech support person.

That needs to happen today, and we only have 2.5 hours left before they close down.  I'm not be sarcastic or facetious - I plan phone calls to Adobe HOURS in advance to avoid being cut off by their operating hours.

Thanks,

• 14. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Horse Fan if you are not available at the phone number on file then please check your e-mail address.

• 16. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Hi,

Please have a senior tech person email me - I'm still waiting on hold - FIVE HOURS - to see if anyone will ever answer the phone.  I want to get my CS6 installation fixed.  Today.  And after all I've been through to try to make that happen, I don't think it's unreasonable.  We still have 1.5 hours left in the Adobe tech support day to solve this.

My phone died - new record for "forever hold"  -- 301 minutes.

And now after 5 hours of tying up our land line, I have NOTHING.

• 17. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

It's Tuesday.  After FIVE HOURS yesterday, I still have heard NOTHING from Adobe.

I need to make CS6 work - it doesn't work if I can't use Bridge / mini-bridge.  Please help me - send me your advice and help me move on. 

If anyone knows how to GET A HUMAN that might be senior tech support, please let me know.

Thanks!

• 18. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Horse Fan I do see that you have been in contact with our support team.  If you have a phone number you would preferred to be contacted at please private message me with your number.  You will want to visit the discussion thread and then click on my name in order to be given the option to private message.

You are also welcome to update your case under the My Adobe section at http://www.adobe.com/.

• 19. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                      Curt Y Community Member

horse fan wrote:

I can't start Bridge - if I hold down Cntl and double click the bridge icon, I just get the error message (adobe bridge has stopped working, along with the details I posted on the forum).

This would be odd, as Bridge should be closed.  Open Task Manager processes tab and see if you have any instance of Bridge running.  If so close.

Then hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  If you have Bridge icon in Task Bar try it there also, although only one click needed there.

• 20. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

I checked Task Manager - no Adobe bridge running although Adobe Acrobat Update Service is running.

then I tried holding down Cntl and double clicking the bridge desktop icon.  Just got the same error message as originally noted.

Problem signature:

Application Version:          5.0.0.399

Application Timestamp:          4f5ec28e

Fault Module Version:          5.0.0.399

Fault Module Timestamp:          4f5ec28e

Exception Offset:          000000000036ae49

Additional Information 3:          ffe3

Additional Information 4:          ffe33cae3dc9a74a841b6be78d093ff8

No Luck.

Thanks for trying.  It's now 8:11 here in Seattle - another Adobe tech support day has come and gone, without a single phone call from support.

They totally value their customers. 

I really appreciate you trying to help out - sounded so promising.

• 21. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                          Curt Y Community Member

That is so odd.  Are you sure you press and hold the ctrl key, then start Bridge?  The reset window should appear in a few seconds.

I see you are using an old version of Bridge CS6.  Should be on 5.0.2.4.  I know you can't open Bridge so go to PS and click Help/Updates.  Update from there.  Then try reset preferences with Ctrl key.

There are verry few cases where this has not worked.  If still having problems try the old method of pressing and holding Ctrl + Alt + shift keys and starting Bridge.  A little awkward as it takes a few fingers.

Also, you can manually delete the cache.  Go to desktop/user/app data/roaming/adobe/bridge cs6/cache.  You will see 256,1024,full, data.  Open each one and delete contents.  AppData is a hidden file so turn this option on in Win. Exp first.

Hope this gets you up and running.

• 22. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Thanks for trying - no luck. 

I tried the hold cntl and start Bridge - no luck.

I updated bridge and extensions via PS, restarted and did cntl / Bridge - no luck.

This is the set of details from the same old "Adobe bridge CS6 has stopped working" message:

Problem signature:

Application Version:          5.0.2.4

Application Timestamp:          50d9a019

Fault Module Version:          5.0.2.4

Fault Module Timestamp:          50d9a019

Exception Offset:          000000000036af69

Additional Information 3:          4199

Additional Information 4:          4199b882f4916698ed37542ab754498a

I am WAY TIRED of this.  I don't have an unusual computer.  This is Wednesday, and NO CALL from Adobe.  Wow.  I'm surprised.

Got any other things I might try?  Always happy to listen to suggestions.

Thanks again for trying!

• 23. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

One last thing - you mentioned doing cntl-alt-shift and then dbl clicking Bridge - I tried that too and only got the shortcut properties.

While in shortcut properties, I turned off compatability with Vista (I've never run Vista), and checked the "run as an administrator" box.  applied all and tried the hold cntl / bridge again - same old message.

• 24. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                Curt Y Community Member

Are you using the Bridge Icon from Programs, or a shortcut?  I have found that the shortcut icon works, but sometimes the bridge.exe in Programs does not.  Other than that I am out of suggestions.  The only step left is to uninstall, run the Script Cleaner, and reinstall.  But you have said you have done this with same effect.

You must have something odd with your computer, or some file in OS that is wrong.  Would take a knowledgabe tech running your computer remotely to figure this out.  If connected to netwrok disconnect that and try yet again.

I would not expect Adobe to call back.  You have calll and make a nusience of yourself.  Did you follow upt with Jeff Wrights suggestions in post #18?

• 25. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help

Hi Curt,

I have done everything that anyone on the forum has suggested.  I've tried every suggestion I could find anywhere to get this fixed. 

I'm currently using the shortcut I created by right clicking on the bridge.exe in my folder directory, but I have tried just clicking on that icon, or trying to start mini bridge from within photoshop - always the same result, same error message.

I would be happy to disconnect from my tiny LAN and try again.

As far as Adobe calling back - they'd better.  Since when is asking to be able to run the software they sold, and represented as working software,  "making a nusience [sic] of yourself"?  I am a customer, I paid big bucks for the CS6 suite.  I like adobe software, when it works and adobe doesn't somehow disable it remotely.

And no, I will not be allowing "remote access" to my computer.  Any adobe tech support person can use his/her words to tell ME what to do, rather than insisting on taking control of my computer.  Just read all the guidelines for how to keep your computer safe.  Read comments on this forum and others, where helpful tech support personnel uninstalled (without prior permission) software programs.  I think not.

If that makes me a pain in the neck, so be it.  I'm a customer, I have a real life and an actual need to get this software running.  Adobe and everyone else needs to provide software and support, not buggy junk.   With this track record, why on earth would someone sign up for CC?

• 26. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                    Curt Y Community Member

Not a computer geek, but in a number of posts I have seen where tech has to change or delete a file in regisrty or other place.  How they figure out where to look I have no idea.  Perhaps they can direct you to where to look, and what to look for, but if they do not speak English well that could be a nightmare.

CS6 and Win7 is a stable plalform.  One I run myself.

In your opening post you state "I had cs6 properly installed for a couple of weeks on my win7 desktop and my win8 laptop (both 64 bit).  Then out of the blue, bridge just stopped working."

Does this mean you have CS6 Bridge on both computers having exactly the same problem?  Or just on one?  The fact that you can not reset the prefereces is disturbing to me indicating a deeper problem, perhaps in OS.  What changed 6 weeks ago to cause this problem?  Did you add new software, hardware, major updates?

• 27. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                      Alec Cawthorne Community Member

@Curt Y: I would not expect Adobe to call back.  You have calll and make a nusience of yourself.

I don't see that horse fan has made a nuisance of herself.  I don't see where you come up with that characterization.  Looks to me like she's got a problem with an Adobe program and has been persistent and über patient (5 hours on hold?) with Adobe.

Refusing to call a customer back would just indicate terrible customer service.  I've worked in customer service for some years.  Callers can be frustrated, impatient and even abusive.  It's part of the job to continue to deal with them.  It's not an excuse to refuse to do the job.

I realize you're not an Adobe employee (I'm assuming you're not since you don't have the staff tag like Jeff A Wright does) and hope your suggestions solve horsefan's problem.  But I wouldn't let Adobe off the hook for providing service by calling a customer a "nuisance."

- Alec

• 28. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                        Alec Cawthorne Community Member

@Curt Y: Perhaps they can direct you to where to look, and what to look for, but if they do not speak English well that could be a nightmare.

Indeed.  Although, if they do not speak English I have to wonder why Adobe would have them providing customer support for English speaking customers, or why anyone would accept that arrangement.  "Sorry, can't help you because I don't speak English.  Too bad for you." ?   Nah.

- Alec

• 29. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                          Curt Y Community Member

Alec,

You are misreading my statement.  I said you have to make a nuisance of yourself to get called, not that horse fan is a nuisance.  I realize I see mostly the problems posts, but long waits, no call back for days and weeks, and difficult to understand help are common complaints. 

Yes, the customer service speaks English, but depending on who is up it can be difficult to understand the heavy India accent.

• 30. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                            PECourtejoie CommunityMVP

Horsefan, did you send your phone number to Jeff? Click on its name, on the right side you will see a link to send direct message.

I also found @adobecare on twitter to be very responsive.

• 31. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                              zphorkan Community Member

OMG I have the same problem, I call ADOBE and no help. SOOO FRUSTRATING

don't know how to fist it... PLEASE ADOBE HELP

Can not open BRIDGE at all

• 32. Re: I can't run adobe bridge cs6.  Weeks trying to get Adobe support - no help
                                                                zphorkan Community Member

Is your Bridge working now?

If it is please let me know what did you do