Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart shape nav buttons broken in project upgrade from 6 to 7

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate version: 7.0.1.237 Windows 7

I have a project with navigation that worked properly in v6, but now the smart shape navigation buttons are broken. I've tried relinking the existing smart shapes to another slide and creating new smart shapes to link. The shapes themselves change visually when clicked (the normal change), but the project does not go to any other slide.

Does anyone have suggestions for what else to try? I have a workaround in my back pocket (transparent button over the smart shape), but I would much rather do this appropriately.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Hi there

If the Smart Shape isn't working, I'd be willing to be a transparent button (not sure why anyone goes for those, but I digress) would fail too.

I'd say to check your quiz settings. Odds are you have a scorable object sititng on a slide between where your smart shape is and where you are trying to link, If your Quiz settings state that each question must be answered, links will fail.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If the Smart Shape isn't working, I'd be willing to be a transparent button (not sure why anyone goes for those, but I digress) would fail too.

I'd say to check your quiz settings. Odds are you have a scorable object sititng on a slide between where your smart shape is and where you are trying to link, If your Quiz settings state that each question must be answered, links will fail.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup - that was the problem, Rick. I had added something in between the project versions. Thanks a ton! I'd totally forgotten about that.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources