2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 8:02 PM by jcrennan

E_Adept_Core_Decrypt_License_Key urn:uuid error on some eBook downloads

jcrennan

I have tried to borrow some ebooks (6) from my local library and some will download (2) and some wont (4). When I download them to my bluefire reader I get the message -  E_Adept_Core_Decrypt_License_Key urn:uuid:. I have 6 borrowed at the moment and can only read 2. I get the same message for all books that wont download.

I have borrowed eBooks in the past without any issues.

I was using an iPad with bluefire reader, so attempted to download these eBooks on my PC with ADE 2.0 but had the same error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: E_Adept_Core_Decrypt_License_Key urn:uuid error on some eBook downloads
          chiragjuneja Level 1

Hi,

I am assuming that you fulfilled (/opened the book for the first time) the books using ADE 3.0. Can you confirm?

If yes, then the issue is that ADE has updated the books security mechanism, but some of the e-readers are yet to upgrade to the new DRM. You can try to install the "DL Reader" which supports the new DRM. I hope you will be able to open your books on that.

In case it is not the case, can you provide the information about how (and on which APP with version) you opened the books at the first time?

• 2. Re: E_Adept_Core_Decrypt_License_Key urn:uuid error on some eBook downloads
            jcrennan Level 1

Thanks for your response, I had a feeling this could be the issue. The books hadnt been opened at all but are provided by the local libraries, eBook vendor platform so not sure what they are doing behind the scenes.

I downloaded DL Reader and it worked perfectly. Hopefully the eBook vendors and other apps update their software soon but in the meantime DL Reader works fine

Thanks again for your time