6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 5:12 AM by Noel Carboni

Default Viewing Size

Pixel10

Since upgrading from CS5 to CC images open with a default viewing size that is very small, like 3 - 5 %.  Can this be changed to "Fit to View"  I know that it is just a case of COmmand-0 to make it that size, but one less thing to do would be nice.

Thanks

Craig

• 1. Re: Default Viewing Size
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is a script for that, follow the instructions in the download.

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=58

• 2. Re: Default Viewing Size
            Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

That does bring up the question of why your images are opening so small?

What operating system are you using?

If your on a mac, maybe in photoshop cs5 you had the application frame turned off.

(Window>Application Frame)

In photoshop cc the application frame is on by default, so maybe you resized the the photoshop application so you could see your desktop?

• 3. Re: Default Viewing Size
              Pixel10 Level 1

It appears that the application frame is the cuplrit.  it was turned on in CC as suggested.  When I turn it off. and open a group of images, they all open in one, tabbed window at Fit to Screen size - which is the same as it worked in CS5 - I was not even aware of the Application frame existing in CS5 and just thought the the way CC look, ie with it turned on, was, just how it looked in the new version.

I am running Mac OSX 10.7.5.

IT does seem odd behavior that the default with Application Frame on, is to open in such small viewing size.  Is that normal - I guess so if there is a script to prevent it - I have not downloaded that as yet.  Will do so soon.

If it is normal, wonder why? Who would ever find that useful?

Thanks to both of you.

• 4. Re: Default Viewing Size
                Pixel10 Level 1

Ok, so I have installed that script and the first time I tried it, it worked on 2 of three images.  Since then we are back to itty bitty pictures.  I notice the the script references CS2... I presume that there are no changes needed to the scipt to function in CC? 

Cheers

• 5. Re: Default Viewing Size
                  gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It works the same in CC as CS2, no adjustments required. It's basically works anytime you open an existing document.

Why you are opening at 5%, I have no idea. Mine works normally.

If you are using third party plugins, try this troubleshooting doc to at least see if they are at fault.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshooting-plug-ins-photoshop-cs6.html

Another idea is to reset your preferences.

Hold down cmd-opt-shift, start Photoshop and affirm the reset.

• 6. Re: Default Viewing Size
                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Here's what I think is happening:

1.  You didn't realize that the Application Frame is just an option, so you dragged the bottom up so that Photoshop is a very short window.

2.  You later turned off the Application Frame while it was very short.

3.  Under some conditions, now Photohshop still thinks it wants to open documents and make them fit in the (now hidden) short application frame.

Try this:

• Re-enable the Application Frame.

• Stretch the bottom of the Photoshop window down so that it (nearly) fills your screen.

• Disable the Application Frame again.

-Noel