3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 6:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 11 will not download existing project unless I re-start computer.

aaron-friedman@att.net Level 1

When I open Premiere Elements 11 and try to open an existing project the welcome page stops its download status indicator after a minute or so. Sometimes the entire welcome page disappears, and I have to re-open the software. The only way I can get a project up and running is by re-starting the computer. I've already re-installed the software twice, but that is not working. I have windows 7 64 bit.

Any help appreciated

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 11 will not download existing project unless I re-start computer.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

aaron-friedman

Can we assume by download an existing project that you mean open an existing project? Please excuse the question but I do not want to take anything for granted in trying to build a troubleshooting strategy.

What is the size of the existing project that you are trying to open?

Have you moved, deleted, or renamed any of the source media that went into this project after you saved closed the project?

What went into this project...project preset, source media properties....?

You wrote that you are using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit. Typically that is a good combination, you have a 64 bit application running in 64 bit system where the program can take advantage of the 64 bit resources. But, just what are your 64 bit resources in terms of installed and available RAM and free hard drive? Any chance the project has a lot of photos with pixel dimensions that are grossly oversized for the project settings and the program?

Do you have any problems working with a new project or projects? Is it just this one that has problems?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your forthcoming details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 11 will not download existing project unless I re-start computer.
            aaron-friedman@att.net Level 1

Yes, I mean open a project. This happens with any project I try to open whether new or existing. I can actually open the organizer but not any existing video projects. I've got 6 GB of ram, 205 GB of free memory on Hard drive. I re-installed the program again, but several minutes into the installation it stopped and a message came up telling me to close the autoexecute.exe or something like that. Then there was an error saying that it could not continue downloading, and it prompted me to re-start my computer.  I re-started my computer and the premiere elements 11 is back on my system. I don't know yet if the same thing is going to happen or whether the full program was even downloaded. It seems to be working now, but I would appreciate you keeping in touch so if this happens again I can reach you right away. If these errors or that exe situation comes up again, I"ll write it down and let you know exactly what they were.

Thanks,

Aaron Friedman

aaron-friedman@att.net

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 11 will not download existing project unless I re-start computer.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Aaron Friedman

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that your Premiere Elements is working OK now. Good job.

There is a lot of traffic in this forum so your thread will get moved down the list as others post their questions. So, go idea to bookmark your thread.

We will be watching for further developments when you get the chance. Hope all the news is good.

ATR