2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 9:43 PM by Willi Adelberger

cs5 missing plugins

lbm519

I'm using CS5 and am attempting to open a file that I created on another machine in another version of CS5. Never had problems on the other program, but this one won't let me open the document at all. Says I am missing plugins. (See below for pictures.)

Where do I find the necessary plugins for installation? My version says it's 7.0.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen shot 2014-02-10 at 10.06.21 PM.pngScreen shot 2014-02-10 at 10.06.30 PM.png

• 1. Re: cs5 missing plugins
          MW Design Level 4

Chances are the other computer either has further updates,  is actually CS5.5 or newer. Make sure you have the latest updates. If you do not, then update and try again. If it still will not open, then they are not the same version. On the other computer, save as an IDML and open it on the the computer it will not open on.

Mike

• 2. Re: cs5 missing plugins
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

MW Design schrieb:

Chances are the other computer either has further updates,  is actually CS5.5 or newer. Make sure you have the latest updates. If you do not, then update and try again. If it still will not open, then they are not the same version. On the other computer, save as an IDML and open it on the the computer it will not open on.

Mike

Better would be to work on the computer with the newer version or upgrade to that version. If you work on different computers with the same document the same version has to be installed. IDML involved in a workflow causes only problems.

And YES, the message indicates that the document was saved in a newer version. No doubt.