3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 1:37 PM by man&mouse

Missing important image functions - going for Hype

man&mouse

I made a product presentation with a meny system and aniamtions using Edge.

I unfortunatelly found some very important functions were missing.

So I´m going for Hype now, that has got all of these.

So all the job has to be doe again :-(

I didn´t find any feedback area for Edge Animate, so I´m putting it here. The things missing are:

- Automatic Image optimization (like in Muse)

- No support for PSD

- No retina support

- Can´t replace image, e.g from PNG to JPG (I made it thou by editing the JS-file, but that seems scary)

These are all small matters for Adobe to fix and I suppose they are doing this in the future.

I really like Edge Animate thou, but since it lacks important workflow functions I can´t use it in production.

• 1. Re: Missing important image functions - going for Hype
          SujaiS Adobe Employee

Thanks for the feedback. Will add these to the future enhancement requests.

-Sujai

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Missing important image functions - going for Hype
            elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, man&mouse-

Please note that there is a way to swap images, though it will try to fit the new image into the old dimensions.

1. Select your image element
            2. In the properties panel, look at the Images section
            3. Next to the image name, select the double arrow key
            4. Select your new image (must already be in the Library)

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 10.27.07 AM.png

Hope that helps! 

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Missing important image functions - going for Hype
              man&mouse Level 1

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, that worked.

I actually didn´t find this because in all other Adobe applications, this is done from the Library panel.

I really stress the importance for you to make your/Adobe applications the same. We users love Adobe apps, but are really not liking the unnecessary different solutions in some of them. It´s frustrating and a complete waste of time.

I actually remade the whole animation using (Tumult) Hype.

It´s much easier to work with. Edge seems good to work with Javscript, but with Hype editing Javascripts is not as much necessary since there are pre-made solutions.

You should also look into some things Hype has that is really important:

- Automatic generation of Retina images

- Automatic resampling of images

- Scenes (a very nice way to work)

All in all, Hype is much more efficient to work with.

A thing that I do want in Edge (and Hype) is

- When using Photoshop originals, it should be possible to set how each image should be exported, i.e as JPG (and setting quality) or PNG.

In the real practical user world, we do only want ONE image to carry around for different purposes, it.e web, animations, videos, print.

And when designing (doing layout) in i.e Edge, I do not always from start know if the image could be in JPG or if it must PNG because it is e.g. overlapping.

The feature of settings export options for Photoshop images, I also would like to see in Muse. As well as Retina support in Muse that i REALLY want.

I like Edge (and really like Muse), but as it is now, selection Hype is an easy choice over Edge.

I hope that you do update Edge to support an extremely good workflow - then I will certainly selected Edge, since I already do pay for it anyway

Best regards

Bosse Nilsson

Tel +46 (0)703-233 150

2014-02-11 kl. 19:28 skrev elainefinnell <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: Missing important image functions - going for Hype

created by elainefinnell in Edge Animate CC - View the full discussion

Hi, man&mouse-

Please note that there is a way to swap images, though it will try to fit the new image into the old dimensions.

Select your image element

In the properties panel, look at the Images section

Next to the image name, select the double arrow key

Select your new image (must already be in the Library)

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-6110226-548268/437-302/ScreenShot2014-02-11at10.27.07+AM.png

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6110226#6110226

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6110226#6110226

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6110226#6110226. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Edge Animate CC at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.