5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 2:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Hiding Video Tracks

MPSilbernagel

If I have multiple video tracks, can I hide tracks so I can concentrate on a specific video track?

• 1. Re: Hiding Video Tracks
          A.T. Romano Level 7

MPSilbernagel

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

Generalizing....

If you right click the area with the names of the tracks, check out the options

Show Audio Tracks

Show Video Tracks

Delete Empty Tracks (with this choice, you are not going to get rid of Video 1, Audio 1, Narration, and Soundtrack)

Please let us know if that works for you. If any questions or clarification needed, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Hiding Video Tracks
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

While hiding some Video Tracks, while keeping others visible is not possible in PrE, one can minimize the other Video Tracks, while working on one, via the little triangle in the Video Tracks' Header. One can also vertically zoom a Video Track, to make it even more prominent. This is done by hovering the Cursor over the Track line in the Track's Header, until it becomes an equal sign, with up & down arrowheads, then clicking and dragging.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Hiding Video Tracks
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Please clarify

While hiding some Video Tracks, while keeping others visible is not possible in PrE, one can minimize the other Video Tracks, while working on one, via the little triangle in the Video Tracks' Header

Here you are talking about Video Tracks with content in them, not empty tracks. Right?

And, what you suggest is converting from the opened to the closed version which leaves a panel rather than than the track content visble. Right?

One can also vertically zoom a Video Track, to make it even more prominent. This is done by hovering the Cursor over the Track line in the Track's Header, until it becomes an equal sign, with up & down arrowheads, then clicking and dragging.

One can also right click the area where the track name is, select Track Size, and then select Small, Medium, or Large. In the context of the last quote, are you suggesting increasing the vertical height of the track with or with altering track size? Or doing one or the other? Is this supposed to make the track in use become prominent by taking up a larger space but not really hiding anything?

ATR

• 4. Re: Hiding Video Tracks
                the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Yes, I am referring to Video Tracks with content. Delete Unused Tracks will get rid of the empty ones.

In PrE, one can also turn OFF Audio Tracks (I do that quite a bit), or turn OFF Video Tracks (good for working with plenty of Audio Tracks), but then none of that type of Track will appear.

To get "visual focus" on a particular Video Track (or Audio Track), there are some little tricks, but when there is content in the Tracks, one cannot really hide all but one, within that Track type.

I also like to Rename all of my Video Tracks and Audio Tracks, so that I know exactly what material is being used on each - many do not bother, and just leave the default Video 1, etc.. I find this particularly useful with Audio Tracks, that might only have a few SFX, way down the Timeline. If I see "Loon Close" in the Track Header, I know what is on that Track, and it works well too, when doing adjustments with the Audio Mixer.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Hiding Video Tracks
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Thanks.

ATR