1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2006 4:16 AM by Newsgroup_User

Crossword Example

Wilhem123
      Hi I have a problem when I try to read an XML file with actionscript. I is a crossword program and it reads letters from the XML file and prints out the letters to the screen by using the movie clip. I use attachMovie command and then change the letter of the movie clip with the letter I retrieve from the XML file. AttachMovie command automaticly creates a unique name for each movie added. How can I gain access to these movie clips by using their names? using directly it's name is useless.(I want to syncronize the name from the XML file with these unique names)
        • 1. Re: Crossword Example
          Level 7
          "Wilhem123" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e6r4vl$cn3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi I have a problem when I try to read an XML file with actionscript. I is a
          > crossword program and it reads letters from the XML file and prints out the
          > letters to the screen by using the movie clip. I use attachMovie command and
          > then change the letter of the movie clip with the letter I retrieve from the
          > XML file. AttachMovie command automaticly creates a unique name for each movie
          > added. How can I gain access to these movie clips by using their names? using
          > directly it's name is useless.(I want to syncronize the name from the XML file
          > with these unique names)

// Convert a string to a movieclip reference..
          aMovieClip = this["someXMLtextName"];

aMovieClip._alpha = 30; // for example
          tralfaz