You can add form fields beside other fields, as described here:
One other thought: since you have a limited number of vehicles in the pool, you could instead have a drop-down box with each of the vehicles listed, so people filling out the form wouldn't need to type, just pick from your list. This would avoid spelling errors, and make filtering/reporting easier.
1 person found this helpful
Fields cannot be aligned in the way that you are proposing. All fields align much like cell in an excel sheet. They can only have one field next to them. With all of the firehouse members in one multi-selection field you would only be able to place one text field to the right of it. An alternative solution could be to use the power of skip logic rules.
- Create your multiple select field with the names of the firehouse members.
- Below the field create a Text field for each of the members of the firehouse using their name as the field label.
- Select each Text field and enable Show/Hide Item in the Field Properties palette.
- In the Show / Hide Items dialog click on + Add Condition
- Select the multiple choice field in the left most drop down and select the firefighters name in the right most drop down.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the dialog
- Repeat for each firefighter
The result of this will be that after the figherfighters for a given incident are selected in the multiple choice field, text fields for only those firefighters will appear below. As an alternative to this you could substitute Drop Down Menu fields with each vehicle listed in place of the Text fields.
Hope this helps.
Software Quality Engineer
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Thank you very much for your help! I've completed what you suggested but now have another question. After saving the completed response as a PDF form from the FormsCentral program, it is showing all of the hidden fields, even if the corresponding show/hide condition has not been met. It does continue to hide fields correctly when the user is completeing form online.
Here's what I've done.
1) I created the multiple select field with all 27 member names
2) Below that, I created an individual text field for each member and enabled the show/hide feature
3) I selected the multiple field from the left drop down menu and then the member name from the right drop down menu
4) I repeated this for each member
Is there anything that I can do to prevent the hidden fields from appearing after saving as a PDF form? or is there another way to print the response from the FormsCentral program?
Thanks for your help!
Unfortunately page logic and show/hide fields are not supported in the PDF files created by FormsCentral.