2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 1:13 PM by sierrakiwi

Extension Manager CS6 for DW CS6 will not install extensions.

sierrakiwi

Gives error message "The extension will not be installed. Internal error (please contact technical support)"

Dreamweaver is the only CS6 program I use.  The remainder of my Adobe programs (Photoshop, Premiere, Flash etc) are all CS5 ... and the Extension Manager (CS5) works fine for them.

Tried the suggested fix at:  http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver-cs4-cs5.html  ... It didn't work!!

Downloaded a new copy of Adobe Extension Manager CS6 ver 6.0.8.28, and installed ... didn't fix the problem!

Do I uninstall DW CS6 and then re-install ... would that work?

• 1. Re: Extension Manager CS6 for DW CS6 will not install extensions.
          Carl Sun Level 4

Please click "Tools"->"Preferences" menu item in Extension Manager, check "Enable detailed logging" option. Restart Extension Manager. Try to install the extension. After the error message pops up, quit Extension Manager. Send the log files under "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CS6\Log" (Windows) or "/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CS6/Log" (Mac) folder to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

Note that the "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData" and "/Users/<YourUserName>/Library" folder is hidden by default. On Windows, you have to check "Organize"->"Folder and search options"->"View"->"Show hidden files, folders, and drives". On Mac, hold down "option" key and select "Go"->"Library" menu item to go to "/Users/<YourUserName>/Library" folder.

• 2. Re: Extension Manager CS6 for DW CS6 will not install extensions.
            sierrakiwi Level 1

Thanks Carl for solving my Extension Manager CS6 problem with the following advice - after you'd sighted a copy of my ExtensionManager.log file:

"Your Windows account name contains two space characters. I am not sure if it's the root cause. You can edit TEMP and TMP environment variables to change your temp directory to "C:\Temp", restart your computer then retry."

I suspect the problem was solved by changing the environment variables to C:\Temp.  I'm now able to install DW6 Extensions into the Manager.