1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 6:54 AM by ssprengel

Trying to convert RW2 files from Lumix GF1

Laura LA Nomad

I just downloaded the DNG converter (ver 8.x) but it doesn't recognize my RW2 files.  My camera is listed under supported file formats.  What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Trying to convert RW2 files from Lumix GF1
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

One question would be:  do the RW2 files work in the Adobe software you have?  The GF1 has been supported since PS-CS4/ACR 5.5 and Lightroom 2.5.  Are you using even older Adobe products that don’t support the GF1 or are the RW2 files not working so you thought you’d try to convert them to DNGs?

Are you receiving an error or is this your first time using the DNG Converter? 

If this is your first time, then you should be selecting but not double-click opening the folder that contains your files.  The DNG Converter works on a folder of files, not individual files so you never see individual files when selecting the folder.

If this is not the first time you’re using the DNG Converter and it works on raw files from other cameras, maybe your RW2 files are corrupted.  If you like you can upload one to a large-file-hosting site like www.dropbox.com <http://www.dropbox.com>  and post a public download link in a reply, here, for others to try.