2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 7:54 AM by Todd_Kopriva

.swf too big

Eglania

Hi everyone,

I need to create a 728x200 ad banner that is not larger then 60kb. I have a project in AE, with some text, shapes and 3d camera movement. Total running time 14sec. The resulting swf is around 1.4mb which is too big and I can't get it down to a smaller size. I tried to reduce the number of frames to 12fr/s (that doesn't look very good, but might be ok). The resulting file was around 700kb, which is still too big.

Any suggestions on what I could do here?

Any help woul be really appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: .swf too big
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Rethink your design approach and don't use AE. Even the most compressed SWF will never go below a certain size - it's simply an embedded JPG sequence and well, most of the time there is really no need for all those fancies. A couple of natively animated still images in Flash would be much more efficient and at those sizes nobody will know or care whether the 3D tracker was used a "motion blur" is actually just a linear blur on an otherwise static image. Sorry to say so, but your whole approach is just wrong. You're trying to be to exact and academic about it.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: .swf too big
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Don't export .swf files from After Effects.

If you need something to play in Flash Player, render and export a .f4v file and embed or link that in a .swf file in Flash Professional.