• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Generate Output.....Macros Disabled??

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2006 Jun 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to build my first RoboHelp project, and since I added a template and a custom style sheet, I have not been able to successfully generate output of any type.
I have been trying to generate FlashHelp, but continue getting this message:

<b>Starting compilation...
FlashHelp preprocessor 13.10.801

Compiling S:\Steph\Help Files\Project Stop (outside)\!SSL!\FlashHelp\Project_Stop_(outside).htm ...

Preparing to create FlashHelp...
Finished preparing in 2 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating FlashHelp 1.00 (13.10.801)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 74] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: PostCompile

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: PostCompile in compilation script.
Finished compiling FlashHelp in 2 sec(s)</b>

I have just tried to generate HTML and Web Help, and both came up with similar messages, for example:

<b>
Starting compilation...
WebHelp preprocessor 13.10.801

Compiling S:\Steph\Help Files\Project Stop (outside)\!SSL!\WebHelp\Project_Stop_(outside).htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for WebHelp...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 1 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (13.10.801)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 1 sec(s)

Compilation complete.
</b>

Although it says "compilation complete", when I click on "view" nothing happens.
I am a complete novice at this, so please talk to me like I am an idiot *grin*.
I am using "Robohelp Office Pro X5 for .NET", and it is running on my office's server, not my local PC.
Please, any help would be appreciated....Im running on a tight deadline and nobody here has used the program before....

Thanks in advance,

Steph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steph

Well, for starters, I really hate to admonish you, but you have posted the same question repeatedly. This is frowned upon here in the forums. And what is more frowned upon is the fact you have now cross posted. So for starters, you might want to peruse the Posting Guideliines (viewed by clicking here. Note that these guidelines also discourage using the "Bump" technique to bring a post back to the forefront, but I believe this is much better than repeatedly posting.

Okay, with the admonishment out of the way, I see an immediate problem. And that problem is a huge red flag here. The drive letter S is probably referring to a Network location, is it not? If so, you really do need to move your project to the local drive. Once in a while we see folks post here that claim they have never ever seen a problem with storing their project on a network drive. Others claim that a network drive should be no different than a local drive. HOWEVER, the fact remains that this forum as well as the two that came before were littered with posts with folks experiencing issues. Issues that turned out to be related to the simple fact a network drive was in use. Issues that mysteriously resolved once the project was moved to the local drive.

Sooooo, move your project to your local drive and see if the issue resolves. If not, at least we are headed in a known right direction. Post back and we will likely offer possible things to try. But it's pointless until we remove the one known possible issue from the mix.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Forgive me, but I thought that maybe if I re-worded my question, or posted in a different area of the forums, I might get some help. I have had none so far as you can see, and I am desperate. Sorry I am not a board regular, but my company just paid a lot of money to buy Robohelp and Captivate, and I need some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK sorry Rick, for being snappy in my last post and also cross-posting. Thankyou for the answer, it helps a lot.
Do I need to put the program on my local drive or just the project?
Also, I am not too familiar with the way servers etc work, and the files WILL need to be put on the server when our application is launched online.....I am guessing it wont have a problem then, right?

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Aus_Steph

I typically install both the RoboHelp application as well as all my projects on my local C drive. This is normally considered best practice.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks heaps Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp