13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 8:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements:

Philchen Level 1

I pull the video to the project corner, then to the scene window. I can´t see the video then on the monitor window. Please good people help. I know I am very poor in such things.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements:
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, this forum is for Photoshop, and not Premiere Elements.

I will Move your post to the very helpful and active PrE Forum. Your link, and any e-mail subscriptions will follow.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to Premiere Elements Forum]

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements:
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements:
              the_wine_snob Level 9

To address your issue, first some questions:

1. Which version of PrE are you using?
              2. What OS version are you running it on?
              3. What Editing Mode are you using, i.e. Expert, Quick, or one of the Guided Editing Mode?
              4. How did you Import your Video Clip into the PrE Project?
              5. What are the full specs. of that Video Clip? If you need to locate that info, either of the great free media information utilities, G-Spot, or MediaInfo can tell you.
              6. What is your Project's setting?
              7. Have you dragged the Video Clip to the Timeline?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements:
                Philchen Level 1

Dear Bill

Thank you so much for trying to help me

1. I use Premier Element 10

2. I believe you mean Windows or OS. So I use Windwos 7 with all the updates.

3. I imported the video by opening the file.

4. With this version there is only one mode.

5. It was a MTS Video taken by Panasonic HDC-SD40.

6. It was taken in a small concert hall.

7. I dragged the clip to the scene window.

I deinstalled and installed the programm now two times with no other result. I imported videos to the programm which worked fine before with the same unsuccessful result.  Maybe it is for you also important to know that I use NVidia Geforce GTX 570 freshly updated. There are 16 RAM and the 1 TB Sata is half empty. A friend of mine said DirectX could be the problem, but Windows tells me that everything ist fine. Quickttime is also up-to-date.

I have to say that I am a musician and absolutely no hero by working with software. To Tuesday I was for my circumstances with my results, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPnXsJmnMmE, not unhappy.

So I hope you have maybe an answer and I thank you very much in advance

Saying hello from the snowy Graz, Austria

Philchen

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements:

>NVidia Geforce GTX 570 freshly updated

nVidia Driver Rollback PreElements-10 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements:
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Philchen,

Thanks for that information. With PrE 10 and an nVidia GPU, I think that John T's link will be very helpful to you.

Good luck, and please let us know if the roll-back of the nVidia driver helps the issue.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements:
                      Philchen Level 1

Thank you very much,

I tried different former version but they didn´t work. Excuse me maybe being so stupid, but I only installed this versions. Do I have to do something else?

You are very helpful, this I appreciate such a lot

Philchen

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements:

Please go back to my reply #11 and click the link I provided... you may need to try more than one nVidia driver... I have not actually done this myself, so read everything at the link I provided for help

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements:
                          Philchen Level 1

Excuse me I am new in this community, what you mean with # 11? I wrote you that I tried different nVidia drivers which are mentioned under Geforce GTX 570. All of them had the same result. My Premier Elements programm is not bringing me the video. My question was if I have to do something else than installing.

Thank you so far for all your help.

Philchen

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements:
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Philchen,

I think that John T. was referring to Reply # 5, and just mis-typed.

In the Adobe forums, one has a choice of two views:

1. Flattened puts all Replies in order of Date/Time posted, and there are Reply #'s, in the upper-left.
                            2. Threaded puts each Reply below the exact post, to which the Reply is being made - indented, and only in order of the those particular Replies - a newer post to a particular Reply can be above a later one, linked to another Reply in the mix - the Threaded View does not list Reply #'s, but just indents below a point in the thread.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements:

Yep... not enough coffee to get all my brain cells working

Philchen... go to my reply #5 and click the link I provided, and read everything at that link

Premiere Elements 10 does not (according to that link) work properly with a NEW nVidia driver

You will need to go to the nVidia site and download an OLDER driver... read in the link I provided for more information

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements:
                                Philchen Level 1

Dear John, Bill and all the others....,

I´ve got it. Now you can tell everybody that Geforce GTX 570 needs the driver 320.49 to run Premiere Elements 10 without problems. Don´t use the express installation, use the expert one and cross the newinstallation box.

Thanks so much and all the best from Graz/Austria

Philchen

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements:
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Philchen

Thanks for reporting that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 driver version roll back to 320.49 worked for you so that you could move forward in your Premiere Elements 10 projects.

I have added your results to the thread that I have been writing as a reference for all those Premiere Elements 10 users who have run into this NVIDIA video card driver problem.

ATR