4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 6:48 PM by Marc Trzepla

Sticky Layer Move Redraw

Marc Trzepla Level 1

New computer, same software (AE CS6).   This laptop has an Nvidia GeForce GT 750M in it, running Windows 8.1.  Nvidia driver 9.18.13.3221.

If I start to move a layer it won't move for a brief moment - but then then layer "catches up" to where I've dragged it to/where the cursor is.  Then, with the mouse button pressed, the redraw is zippy speedy so long as the layer is moving, but if I pause and stop moving the layer - mouse button still pressed - it sticks again when I restart moving the layer.     It's like 1 thru 10 but instead of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10     the layer goes  1........6 7 8 9 10, skipping 2 3 4 and 5, which is terrible when you're making small adjustments.

Suspecting switchable graphics I disabled the onboard Intel graphics in the Device Manager.

I went to the Nvidia settings and manually set it to always use the Nvidia card.  No luck.

Anyone else experience this?  My old laptop / Nvidia combination didn't have this problem.  Everything else on the laptop is zoomzoom with the 16GB RAM, SSD drive etc.

Thought there might be a "how After Effects uses OpenGL" etc etc etc setting in AE I'm missing.

Marc