1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2006 1:42 PM by Newsgroup_User

how to load a swf into an empty movieClip from and as file to flash

LOGAN_X3
      i've trying to read up on some flash AS2 stuff. anyone got some ideas about this. i want to create an emptyMovie in a flash external as. file and us a loadMove() function to run a swf and have that get displayed in flash. how would i do that. so far what i did was create an empty movieclip on my flash stage and inside that movieclip i have on my 1st keyframe something like #include "mainSection.as" what should i script in my flash as. file. the file i'm trying to load is main.swf, x=200 y=50
        • 1. Re: how to load a swf into an empty movieClip from and as file to flash
          Level 7
          Check createEmptyMovieclip() in the as-dictionary. That should get you on
          track.

John

"LOGAN_X3" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e6s2hb$jg3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > i've trying to read up on some flash AS2 stuff. anyone got some ideas
          > about
          > this. i want to create an emptyMovie in a flash external as. file and us a
          > loadMove() function to run a swf and have that get displayed in flash. how
          > would i do that. so far what i did was create an empty movieclip on my
          > flash
          > stage and inside that movieclip i have on my 1st keyframe something like
          > #include "mainSection.as" what should i script in my flash as. file. the
          > file
          > i'm trying to load is main.swf, x=200 y=50
          >