1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 10:19 AM by Brian Havlin

New to FormsCentral, Skip Logic Use and Saving Questions

awkwardbeta

Hello everyone. So after looking around for a bit for form-creation options, I've decided to further explore FormsCentral and its features to help with streamlining our needs. Right now we're using Excel-made forms, and it's gastly inefficient. I do have a few questions however, so I was hoping someone in the Adobe community can help answer them.

1. One of the reasons why I am leaning towards FormsCentral is the Skip Logic feature. However, what we need isn't simply just to skip pages. It's more of the user selecting an option via a checkbox or dropdown menu, and having page(s) automatically populate for them to fill out. From a workflow standpoint, the flow/sequence of possible pages looks like a tree chart (the Adobe demo video of Skip Logic uses a standard flowchart-type series of pages).

Here's a quick example:

Scenario 1 - page 1 > user chooses choice A > page 2 > page 3 > page 4 > page 8

Scenario 2 - page 2 > user chooses choice B > page 5 > page 6 > page 7 > page 8

Scenario 3 - page 3 > user chooses choice C > page 2 > page 6 > page 8

Can Skip Logic be used for this type of page logic?

2. From what I've gathered, it looks like you have to subscribe to use the Skip Logic feature. We're not interested in saving the forms to an online drive/cloud since we have our own secure drive to save it to. If a form is saved in PDF format, and we cancel the subscription, are the saved PDF files affected (ie. empty pages appear all of a sudden)? I know it may be a silly question, but I just want to make sure.

3. Sort of related to #2. Let's say while the subscription is active, I created a form using skip logic, and save it as a PDF file to distribute. After a month, I don't need to create any new forms anymore, and cancel my subscription. Would that master template in PDF format lose the Skip Logic feature?

Thank you ahead of time for any answers that you can give .

• 1. Re: New to FormsCentral, Skip Logic Use and Saving Questions
          Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

Hi,

Find some answers to your questions below, look for the "bh" prefix.

1. Skip logic

Here's a quick example:

Scenario 1 - page 1 > user chooses choice A > page 2 > page 3 > page 4 > page 8

Scenario 2 - page 2 > user chooses choice B > page 5 > page 6 > page 7 > page 8

Scenario 3 - page 3 > user chooses choice C > page 2 > page 6 > page 8

Can Skip Logic be used for this type of page logic?

bh: Mostly. Your scenario 3 shows skip logic being used to navigate the user to a previous page, page 3 to page 2. That is not supported.

2. From what I've gathered, it looks like you have to subscribe to use the Skip Logic feature. We're not interested in saving the forms to an online drive/cloud since we have our own secure drive to save it to. If a form is saved in PDF format, and we cancel the subscription, are the saved PDF files affected (ie. empty pages appear all of a sudden)? I know it may be a silly question, but I just want to make sure.

bh: If you cancel your subscription, PDF files that you have generated are not affected.

3. Sort of related to #2. Let's say while the subscription is active, I created a form using skip logic, and save it as a PDF file to distribute. After a month, I don't need to create any new forms anymore, and cancel my subscription. Would that master template in PDF format lose the Skip Logic feature?

bh: Skip logic is not supported when distributing a form in PDF format.

Regards,

Brian