• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFLDAP question

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2006 Aug 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a university and have a web app that needs to check the campus directory server daily to see if the users access my system have changed department codes or have left the university.

Our ldap administrator is informing me that my connections to the server look similar to a DOS attack like so:
open
open
open
search
search
search
close
close
close

resulting in the server dropping my connections after the first few results. I'd either like to reuse my initial connection or close any open existing connections before continuing with my loop (there's about 2000 users total), but am not quite sure how to do this. Simplified code is attached, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vince
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 11, 2006 Aug 11, 2006
Found JLDAP which will let me query the directory server with tons more control:

http://www.numtopia.com/terry/blog/archives/2006/03/alternative_to_cfldap.cfm

This person was experiencing the same exact problem that I had. I'm now using JLDAP for my large directory queries and created a custom tag CF_LDAP which takes the same params as CFLDAP for more basic queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump... suggestions anyone? It looks like the directory folks have implemented a change so that even 2 consecutive connections to ldap will fail (for my login page, I have to do an anonymous bind in order to get their DN, and then another bind to pass that DN with their password in order to authenticate them).

Thanks,
Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2006 Aug 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Found JLDAP which will let me query the directory server with tons more control:

http://www.numtopia.com/terry/blog/archives/2006/03/alternative_to_cfldap.cfm

This person was experiencing the same exact problem that I had. I'm now using JLDAP for my large directory queries and created a custom tag CF_LDAP which takes the same params as CFLDAP for more basic queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation