2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 7:27 AM by ktroutman@deweypub.com

Numbering in Book

ktroutman@deweypub.com

InDesign CS6. Suddenly the numbering in all of my books just failed.  Each file in the every book now starts at page 1 even though they are set as continuing from previous file.  When I update all numbering (or just page numbering) then the number in the book all still start at 1 but the page numbers themselves (at the bottom of each page, not in the book) start at random page numbers; not a continuation and not at page 1. 

I know there was an update this morning.  Did that cause this?

Also on the Pages tab I now have "Letter V" appearing above the pages.  This was never there before, that I know of. 

• 1. Re: Numbering in Book
          Salah Fadlabi Level 5

Check numbering and section options panel>document chapter numbering

Also from a book panel check document numbering options> document chapter numbering

Also on the Pages tab I now have "Letter V" appearing above the pages.  This was never there before, that I know of.

Change your workspace to something like Book or Typography

• 2. Re: Numbering in Book
            ktroutman@deweypub.com Level 1

I have tried these, but all my page numbers are still reverting back to 1 even though it is marked as “automatic page numbering” and “automatic chapter numbering.”  It seems like it is an alternate layout but the regular layout is gone.  Is there are way to get the regular layout back and get rid of the alternate layout?