8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 4:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Loud Buzzing Noise

MapleCookie

I have a loud buzzing noise after creating & sharing a video file. Never happened before. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, can you let us know quite a bit more, please:

1. Version of PrE?
          2. OS version you are running it on?
          3. Full specs. of the Video files, including their Audio?
          4. Project's Preset, chosen at New Project?
          5. Output file settings - chosen at Export/Share/Publish+Share?

That would be a good start, and we can proceed with the answers to those questions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
            A.T. Romano Level 7

MapleCookie

Do you have a Destop or laptop computer?

Where do you hear this loud buzzing noise coming from

a. The monitor (if so, does your monitor have built in speakers?)

b.  In standalone computer speakers?

c.  USB external hard drives attached to the computer

d.  From the housing of the computer?

e.  Is there any heat being generated in the area of the noise?

f.   Can you open the optical drive if you just did a burn to disc?

Or

Are you taking about loud noises that are heard when you play back you file that was just exported to a computer hard drive save location? If so, what player is involved?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
              MapleCookie Level 1

The sound is a software issue only, nothing to do with hardware or heating. When I play it back, I have done it in VLC & QT - same result.

I am running PE 11, running on OSX 10.9, I used a new project, input file is MP4, output settings to MPEG2 HDTV 1080, 30fps. It seems to work fine if I don't add music to it. It's only when I add music that the file created has the buzzing. Its never happened before so I am baffled

• 4. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
                MapleCookie Level 1

The sound is a software issue only, nothing to do with hardware or heating. When I play it back, I have done it in VLC & QT - same result.

I am running PE 11, running on OSX 10.9, I used a new project, input file is MP4, output settings to MPEG2 HDTV 1080, 30fps. It seems to work fine if I don't add music to it. It's only when I add music that the file created has the buzzing. Its never happened before so I am baffled

• 5. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
                  MapleCookie Level 1

• 6. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

MapleCookie

From what you wrote you have isolated the audio problem to added music, not audio imported linked to a video file. Is that correct?

Are you working with just export to file saved to hard drive or have you done burn to disc with this same Timeline? If so, do you get the noise in the end product playback with both?

Let us go deeper into the properties of the music file. Can you supply a properties readout for it from the MediaInfo Mac program (its Tree View)?

http://mediainfo-mac.en.softonic.com/mac

What is the file extension of the music file and what is its source...iTunes or other? So far, have you found any source of music that is not represented in the finished product as noise?

But, before you get to that have you tried the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080 p30 and gotten the same bad audio?

You wrote

Its never happened before so I am baffled

Please clarify. Do you mean that

...you have taken these specific source media through the MPEG2 HDTV 1080, 30 fps export and not gotten this before in your Premiere Elements Mac computer environment

...you have never gotten this kind of result before in a generalized sense.

We will be looking forward to your details to see if we can put them together into a explanation and solution.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
                      MapleCookie Level 1

The problem is when I add a music file from iTunes.

In playback it is fine, but after Publish+Share, the exported file has the buzzing noise.

The audio & video info is below:

* * MediaInfo Mac 0.7.36.0 file analysis report.

* * * MediaInfo Mac is ©2010 by Diego Massanti - http://mediainfo.massanti.com

* * * MediaInfoLib by Jerome Martinez - http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

Created on: Feb 17, 2014, 7:51:05 PM AST

Report for file: Age of Discovery.m4a

General / Container Stream #1

Total Audio Streams for this File.................1

Audio Codecs Used.................................AAC LC

File Format.......................................MPEG-4

Play Time.........................................3mn 49s

Total File Size...................................7.92 MiB

Total Stream BitRate..............................289 Kbps

Title (Tag).......................................Age of Discovery

Audio Stream #1

Codec.............................................AAC

Codec (FourCC)....................................40

Audio Stream Length...............................3mn 49s 715ms

Audio Stream BitRate..............................256 Kbps

Audio Stream BitRate Mode.........................VBR

Number of Audio Channels..........................2

Audio Channel's Positions.........................Front: L R

Sampling Rate.....................................44.1 KHz

Audio Stream Size.................................7.35 MiB (93%)

Audio Stream Language.............................English

AND

* * * MediaInfo Mac 0.7.36.0 file analysis report.

* * * MediaInfo Mac is ©2010 by Diego Massanti - http://mediainfo.massanti.com

* * * MediaInfoLib by Jerome Martinez - http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

Created on: Feb 17, 2014, 7:51:40 PM AST

Report for file: Untitled.mp4

General / Container Stream #1

Total Video Streams for this File.................1

Total Audio Streams for this File.................1

Video Codecs Used.................................AVC

Audio Codecs Used.................................AAC LC

File Format.......................................MPEG-4

Play Time.........................................14s 634ms

Total File Size...................................56.1 MiB

Total Stream BitRate..............................32.2 Mbps

Video Stream #1

Codec (Human Name)................................AVC

Codec (FourCC)....................................avc1

Codec Profile.....................................Main@L4.2

Frame Width.......................................1 920 pixels

Frame Height......................................1 080 pixels

Frame Rate........................................29.970 fps

Total Frames......................................437

Display Aspect Ratio..............................16:9

Video Standard....................................NTSC

Scan Type.........................................Progressive

Color Space.......................................YUV

Codec Settings (Summary)..........................CABAC / 3 Ref Frames

QF (like Gordian Knot)............................0.517

Codec Settings (CABAC)............................Yes

Codec Settings (Reference Frames).................3

Video Stream Length...............................14s 581ms

Video Stream BitRate..............................32.1 Mbps

Video Stream BitRate Mode.........................VBR

Bit Depth.........................................8 bits

Video Stream Size.................................55.9 MiB (99%)

Video Stream Language.............................English

Date of Original Encoding.........................UTC 2014-02-17 23:48:08

Audio Stream #1

Codec.............................................AAC

Codec (FourCC)....................................40

Audio Stream Length...............................14s 634ms

Audio Stream BitRate..............................157 Kbps

Audio Stream BitRate Mode.........................VBR

Number of Audio Channels..........................2

Audio Channel's Positions.........................Front: L R

Sampling Rate.....................................48.0 KHz

Audio Stream Size.................................281 KiB (0%)

Audio Stream Language.............................English

Date of Original Encoding.........................UTC 2014-02-17 23:48:08

I tried the output configuration you mentioned, but get the buzzing in all the formats I have tried.When I last did this s few months ago, it was fine using the same configurations on the same Mac, same OS, same version of PE

• 8. Re: Loud Buzzing Noise
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

MapleCookie

I may have an answer. Maybe not, but worth a try.

Given you have issue only when adding music and that music is from iTunes, looks like with a .m4a file extension.

Convert that .m4a into wav if compatible with Mac or mp3, using iTune

1. iTunes. Edit Menu/Preferences/General, under the General section, click on Import Settings.

2. In the Import Settings dialog, set Import Using to either

WAV Encoder

or

MP3 Encoder

Close out of there.

3. In iTunes, right click your song and select either Create WAV Version or Create MP3 Version depending on your preference setting.

4. Copy the WAV or MP3 and paste it to your computer desktop or wherever appropriate for Mac so that you can bring it into Premiere Elements for use.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks.

ATR