2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 7:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Editing and reusing clips

Electric Blitz

I want to take small clips from some of my videos and reuse them on new projects, but in order to do that I need to edit the videos down to seperate clips. That's not the issue of it, I can cut the clips of the videos I want to use just fine through editing. The only error is that I'm editing them on a seperate project.

Once I take the clips from one video and delete the parts I no longer need, I'm not sure how to save them as seperate clips to use on the new project as Project Assets.

I was hoping to save each piece to my desktop seperatly, and hopefully importing them into the organizer one at a time. I'm looking through the online manual for a solution, but if someone can give me some instructions directly, it'd be a great help. Thanks.

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 12, if that helps figure out the solution in any way.

-Zeke

• 1. Re: Editing and reusing clips
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

There are several ways to export (Share/Publish+Share) the edited "segments," but I try to maintain the ultimate quality, so use the workflow in this Tips & Tricks article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4556586#4556586

Many others do not mind compressing footage multiple times, but I am not in that camp.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Editing and reusing clips
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Electric Blitz

Answer will depend on whether SD or HD project clips are to be exported and what the project settings are.

If you have an SD project, you might export your Timeline content as DV AVI standard or widescreen

Publish+Share/Computer/AVI with preset for DV NTSC Standard or DV NTSC Widescreen or the PAL counterparts.

maybe

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset MP4 - NTSC DV Standard or MP4 - NTSC Widescreen or the PAL counterparts.

If you had a HD project, you might export your Timeline content as

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 or its PAL countepart or M2T 1920 x 1080i30 or its PAL counterpart.

With more details, we could fine tune the information.

ATR