6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 2:25 PM by StudioBMusic

Why are my formscentral forms not saving?

StudioBMusic

When I open FormsCentral, I have a constant spinning clock (even when working in a document), and none of my forms save. I have tried logged in and out with no difference, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no successful change.

Any help on figuring this out?

Thank you!

B.

• 1. Re: Why are my formscentral forms not saving?
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

Are you still having this problem? It looks like you are using the Acrobat XI FormsCentral App, is this right?

What system/platform are you using? If you are using the Web app (https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/home.html), which browser and platform are you using?

You could try to update to the latest Flash player and see if that resolves your problem.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Why are my formscentral forms not saving?
            StudioBMusic Level 1

Hi, Lucia!

I am still having trouble! I am using Mac OS x with Adobe forms central XI. It only let's me save as a PDF, with no ability to edit them, and eve when signed in I have the spinning clock. Thoughts?

Thanks,

B.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Why are my formscentral forms not saving?

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this problem. Which version of Mac OS X are you using? I tried on Mac OS X 10.8.5.

Will you be able to provide a screehshot when you get the problem?

Let's try this: Once you launch Adobe Acrobat XI FormsCentral app, Select Create New Form, Select a Template / Use Template button.

Once the new form is created, try some editing like select/copy/paste or changing the field captions texts.  Your changes will be automatically saved (you will see in app menu File that 'Saved automatically' is disabled as it is already saved). Do a File/Close, then reopen it again.  Do you see the changes you made?

Thanks,

Lucia

• 4. Re: Why are my formscentral forms not saving?
                StudioBMusic Level 1

Hi, Lucia,

I am using OS X 10.8.5. I can provide a screen shot, but I'm currently

working on a form that I don't want to lose. I have, however, tried what

you suggest by creating, editing, and then file/close but if I close it,

I am not able to open it again. I have tried this while logged in AND

out to the same effect. I have even clicked on the greyed-out "save

locally" button, thinking that maybe it will have saved.

I don't think I'm using an app. I downloaded Adobe Pro XI, and am using

it as a program on my computer. Does that change anything?

I think, more than anything, that I'm getting confused about it not

saving in the program, but allowing me to save files as PDF's, and that

once I close the file it's gone in forms central.

Thanks,

B.

• 5. Re: Why are my formscentral forms not saving?

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce your problem.

Are you a paid subscriber or a free user? Will you send me the link of the adobe site where you downloaded Adobe Pro XI?

Let's try if you can update FormsCentral to the latest version, if you select Help menu / Check For Update... in FormsCentral, what do you get? can you update? What do you see in Help menu / About FormsCentral? let me know the Build number on your left bottom corner.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 6. Re: Why are my formscentral forms not saving?
                    StudioBMusic Level 1

Hi, Lucia,

I am using a free version I downloaded from iuware.iub.edu (Indiana

University, Bloomington, IN -my husband is a student).

I checked for an update, and it said that I was using the most recent

version.

Would it be possible to do a google chat, so that I can walk you

through what I am experiencing?

Thanks,

B.