22 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2015 7:49 PM by A.T. Romano

Still getting trial version watermark

Tom24165 Level 1

I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and I am still getting the trial version watermark when I start a new project.

• 1. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Did you plug-in your purchased S/N?

If so, then there should not be a watermark with a New Project.

Depending on what has been done in an existing Project, one might have to Delete any Render files, to remove the watermark, before doing an output.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
            Tom24165 Level 1

How do you plug in the S/N?

• 4. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom24165

When you open Premiere Elements 12 which started out as the free 30 day tryout of the program from Adobe, during those 30 days, you were greeted by a dialog which gives you the choice to Insert Purchased Serial Number of Continue the Trial.

After you purchased a serial number from Adobe, did you then go to the serial number request area in that dialog and type in your purchased serial number?

ATR

• 5. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                Tom24165 Level 1

I bought Premiere from a local store. I followed all the instructions it told me to do

• 6. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom24165

What did they tell you to do?

I am wondering if the store gave you an Activation Code instead of the serial number. Two different things. You need to sign into Premiere Elements 12 with your purchased serial number, Adobe ID and password.

We may be able to work out the details where you can take care of the matter yourself once we know what procedure you are using to get to a purchased product to work.

If you prefer, you can just go directly to John's link to Adobe Chat which deals with Activating My Product and Serial Number issues. (See post 3 in your thread.)

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                    Tom24165 Level 1

I bought it from Walmart. It is called "adobe photoshop elements 12 & adobe premiere elements 12". When I got home, I opened it up and there were 2 discs, one for Windows and one for Mac.  There was also a manual for both Photoshop and Elements and a Redemption Code which said to go online to rerieve the serial numbers. I entered the windows disc into my computer and started to install Premiere.  During the install process, it asked me to put in the serial number which is what I did.  After the install process was complete, it told me to restart my computer which is what I did.  The manual said to register the serial numbers on to my Adobe account.  When my computer came back on, I added the serial numbers to my account.  Then, I opened Premiere and started a new project.  It asked me to sign in which is what I did.  After I signed in, I was able to import photos but I got the watermark "Created with Adobe Premiere trial version" along the middle of the photo.  I went to the "Help" tab in Premiere and I noticed that it said "Sign In" instead of "Sign Out".  That came to me that I was not signed in so I signed in again and it showed the same thing again.  I signed in multiple times and I am still getting the "Sign In" instead of the "Sign Out".  I didn't know what else to do so I chatted with 3 different people and they said it is a technical issue and that I have to call.  I called and was not connected to anyone.  No one would pick up.  I asked one of the people from the chat if I can do anything else besides calling and they said I can look at Forums which is where I am now.

Thank you very much for helping me out.

• 8. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom24165

1. We are going to check out the host file. Are you working with Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If so, please go to

Local Disk C

Windows

System32

drivers

etc

and in the etc Folder is the host file.

Right now we are just going to look at it, so no need to make a backup copy yet.

Right click the hosts file, select Open, Notepad.

The Notepad document for the hosts file should look like the following screenshot. Do you see anything in your host file other than what is in that screenshot?

hostsfile.JPG

At this point, you have a purchased serial number independent of the Redemption Code. Correct?

And, you have an installation disc for Windows and one for Mac. And you have installed the program to some version of Windows. Correct?

If the hosts file does not lead us to a resolution, then

1. Go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application and look for any error or messages that could be related to your present situation. If none found, then...

2. Let us uninstall, do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with anti-virus and firewalls turned off.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

In your conversations with Adobe Chat, did the rep give you any idea when someone would be available to address your issue? Hopefully we will find the answer and will not need to pursue that opportunity.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                        Tom24165 Level 1

My hosts file is same exact thing as yours.

They did not say anything about when someone will be availabe to address my issue.

Is there anyway I can just uninstall the whole thing and do it all over again?

Thanks,

Tom

• 10. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom24165

If you have your installation disc and can confirm your purchased serial number, then you have no need for the Redemption Code.

Then let us pursue one of the choices from my prior post in your thread

2. Let us uninstall, do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with anti-virus and firewalls turned off.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

1. In an opened project, Help Menu/Sign Out. But, you have Sign In. So this step is not applicable.

2. Uninstall Premiere Elements 12 via the Control Panel/Installed Programs route.

3. ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)...you do not have to do this step, but it can get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls that may be causing problem with the subsequent install tries.

4. Reinstall, but do so with anti-virus and firewalls turned off.

And the usual drills...

a. Run As Administrator and from User Account with Administrative Privileges

b. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements 12.

c. Video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the video card/graphics card.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 11. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                            Tom24165 Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I chatted with someone from the Technical deparment and they told me to do a couple of things.  After I did all of those things, something else wasn't working.  They told me to make another user account on my computer and then try to activate the product on there.  I did that and it still didn't work.  They didn't know what else to tell me so they ended the chat.  When I got off the chat, I just thought about doing something.  I thought if I uninstall the product right now and then install the trial version and then put in the serial number there.  I did that and it worked! I have no more watermark on my videos!

Thank you for everyone's help on this issue!

Tom

• 12. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom

Thanks for that important troubleshooting detail.

We are very pleased that you found a way to the working program. Great job.

Could you clarify the scenario from "watermark in unpurchased (tryout situation)" to "trial with watermark gone after inserting the purchased serial number"?

Did you start out with the tryout from Adobe installed (had the Adobe watermark), purchased a serial number from Adobe, and then inserted the purchased serial number in License This Product? And, projects created in the tryout continued to show the Adobe Watermark?

Did success finally come only with a reinstall of the tryout from the installation files downloaded from Adobe and insertion of the purchased serial number?

Thanks again.

ATR

• 13. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                Tom24165 Level 1

Hi ATR

I first installed the trial version to see how the program is. I liked the program so I went out to the store and bought a real version. I uninstalled the trial version and then installed the real version. When I was installing the real version, it asked if I wanted to install the trial version or if I had a serial number to install the real version.

I don't know what happened. All I know is that the program is working now without the "Created with Adobe Premiere trial version" watermark.

I would suggest other people experiencing the same problem I had, to install the trial version first and then enter the serial number.

Thanks again ATR!

Tom

• 14. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom

Much appreciated the detail which will be very helpful to all going from tryout to purchased product.

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                    jmac1013 Level 1

I had a similar issue.  Installed the trial version and created a video; which had the watermark.  I liked the program so I made the purchase.  However, the video still had the watermark.  I deleted all of the rendered files. Watermark gone.

• 16. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                      brookef83477815 Level 1

I too am having this issue with Elements 13. I downloaded the trial version tried it out, then purchased the license for it. I shut down the trial version and re-starting it and it prompted me to license the program, which I then entered my serial number, watermark still showed. I then opened an existing project and tried to delete rendered files (the option was greyed out.) So I then uninstalled the trial version, and downloaded the actual licensed version from the link provided in my email and installed this program. I started a new project, and still the watermark shows, I have now spend 3.5 hours trying to find an answer on how to fix this. Does anyone know why my "delete rendered files" was greyed out. Or why I cannot get rid of this annoying watermark. I purchased the software, this should be a simple fix - yet I can't find an answer anywhere.

• 17. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

brookef

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 running?

Just in case message....you cannot remove the Adobe watermark from an export from the tryout, be it export to file saved to the computer hard

drive or a burn to disc product.

It is the project file (.prel) from the tryout from which you can remove the Adobe watermark by

a. opening a project file from the tryout in the purchased Premiere Elements 13, going to Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files

or

b. just opening a project file from the tryout in the purchased Premiere Elements 13 and having automatic disappearance of the Adobe

watermark.

"a" is the classical way. "b" has worked for many of us.

If you have been there and done all of the above, the please consider the following:

a. Go to the Adobe Folder...Premiere Elements/13.0 and the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder in the 13.0 Folder.

Do you find any files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder? If so, delete them.

Note: If you do not have rendered file (preview files), the Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files will be grayed out.

b. In the Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace, go to Help Menu/do you see a Sign Out or Sign In there?

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 18. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                          brookef83477815 Level 1

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 Bit Toshiba Notebook

I have not exported the file at all into any permanent file. It was the beginnings of a piece we are doing for ote auto save folder. I have tried to do the delete rendered files but this option is greyed out in my timeline menu.  I tried using the deleted rendered files for all projects but this did nothing.

I then tried again a few times entering the serial number provided to me in my email from adobe, which seems to be accepted but still the watermark showed on the images from the original file created with the trial version.

I then uninstalled the trial version, and deleted all the original project files, including the auto saves and previews, and then re-downloaded the program via the link given to me when I purchased the program. I opened a new project, and tried to add media but the watermark showed immediately upon adding the media to be edited.

When reviewing the information in the help menu about the version of Premiere Elements that  I am using, it ALWAYS still says trial version no matter what i do. I have no uninstalled the licensed version and am trying to re-install the trial version in order to try and enter the serial number again..

I have tried the sign in under the help menu, and even after signing in four or five times it still says sign in, trial version almost done installing now, will trial s/n again and update you once this is done. Thanks for your help, this has been 8 hours of the most frustrating experience I have ever had. You'd think once the licence is entered the system would just unlock the watermark instead of having someone spend 8 hours trying to figure out why it won't.

• 19. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                            brookef83477815 Level 1

Opened trial version, selected video edit, new project

Was asked to sign in, successfully signed into Adobe ID - box closes and opens program to E-Live page.

Clicked on quick to quick start a new project

Clicked on add media, selected video, added to timeline, watermark shows created with adobe premiere elements - trial version

Clicked help, about Adobe Elements Premiere 13 - shows Version 13.0 (20140903.daily.717136) Trial Version

There was no opportunity to enter my license code anywhere.

Clicked Help - Sign In - Sign in Now - Entered username and pw, box disappears.

Clicked Help again - Sign in still shows - Again entered username and pw box disappears again

Delete rendered files still greyed out, i'm lost at this point I've tried almost everything on the internet to get this to work.

• 20. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

brooke

Have you been working with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us see if we can get some help from Adobe Chat on this one. I am hoping it will look at your problem as an activation one rather than a technical one

since Adobe technical supports seems limited these days even for current version. Typically it is referring users to the Ask the Community (which is us, user to user).

Please click on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link above does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

Please let us know the outcome.

If Adobe Chat cannot help, we will think about this some more.

ATR

• 21. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                                brookef83477815 Level 1

ATR,

No my antivirus and firewalls are enabled, I will temporarily disable and see what happens. I have been sitting in queue for almost 45 minutes searching for a contact to cancel my order, this is ridiculous. I have read in the forums that some people waited up to 4 days for adobe to approve the purchase - I unfortunately left this project for too long and do not have this kind of time... I will see what chat says, but if they cannot help I'm temped to cancel my order. Do you happen to know how I can go about doing this other than contacting my credit card company?

Thanks for your help

Brooke

• 22. Re: Still getting trial version watermark
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

brookef

Other considerations may include downloading and installing the tryout files from the following web site and then inserting your purchased

serial number during installation. Be careful with the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" in order to avoid Access Denied message.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

But, do include the disabling of the antivirus and firewall(s). The Adobe Application or the Akamai (exe file) can run into problems with the firewall.

If you have purchased a download from Adobe and are within 30 days of purchases, at least two links to explore to get through to Adobe Orders for

the return/refund

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

Or through to Adobe Chat Orders via clicking on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

ATR