3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2006 9:54 PM by 3fx

Concaterated movie clips...

3fx
      Hi guys, here I am again needee of some Flash help....

I have a few movies with fade-in and fade-out... I want them to play in this way only: detect when you reached frame 30... then play from another location from frame 1 to15...

here is my code. It plays the first fade-in, then it stops... Anyone can help me out?

• 1. Concaterated movie clips...
          Craig Grummitt Level 3
          i think you're confusing play with gotoAndPlay.

play doesn't receive a parameter.

MovieClip.gotoAndPlay(parm); does receive a parameter - the frame number or frame label. Frame labels are contained within quotation marks - frame numbers are not. eg.

_root.movA.gotoAndPlay(15);

oh - another comment on your code - you appear to set up an onEnterFrame and then immediately delete it!
          • 2. Re: Concaterated movie clips...
            3fx Level 1
            Thank you for your help, I have made changes you had adviced on, but still get exactly the same results.

If you check the code again. I am setting twice the enterFrame (one within the other), then deleting the second enterFrame (after the second movie is stopped), then the first enterFrame...
            • 3. Re: Concaterated movie clips...
              3fx Level 1
              Hi I had solved my own case... heheheheh. I am preety happy about that. The code idea was correct, except instead of the second "this.onEnterFrame=function()", should be clearly identified as "_root.movB.onEnterFrame=function()" then "delete _root.movB.onEnterFrame" and works like a charm.... really happy