4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2014 3:09 PM by Daisy26

Change color of title page

Daisy26

Hello, I'm using version 12.  I would like to change the background of the title page to another color, specifically white. Please advise thx

• 1. Re: Change color of title page
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Daisy26

Could you clarify your question details?

Are you saying that you have created a title in the Premiere Elements 12 Titler so that you are now seeing your text on a black background and that you now want the black to present as another color?

If so, go to Project Assets/Panel Options/New Item/Color Matte and create a color matter with the color that you want for the background for the text.

The title created for the Title page goes on Video 2 and the color matte on Video 1 directly below the title on Video 2.

Are you OK with those details and do the details target your question?

We will be looking forward to learning of the outcome. If you need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...about title created in Titler and black background that you see....That black is not the color black. The program uses black to represent transparency. More later.

• 2. Re: Change color of title page
            Daisy26 Level 1

Your answer solved my problem....thanks!

If I may ask another question:   I want the background (color matte) on video 1 and the title on video 2 to run 4.5 seconds.  How do I do this?

• 3. Re: Change color of title page
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Daisy26

Thanks for the follow up. Glad the suggestion worked for you.

You can do this all at one time or do each file separately....

Select the Title Video 2 and Color Matte Video 1 altogether, Then right click anywhere in the selection and select Time Stretch. In the Time Stretch dialog, set

00;00;04;15 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames)

In a 30 frames per second set up (typical NTSC), 15 frames would = 0.5 seconds.

You can select the Title and Color Matte together by drawing a rectangle around them with the tip of the mouse cursor. Or, hold down the Shift key of the computer main keyboard and click on each.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above details. Do not hesitate to ask for clarification if needed.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Change color of title page
                Daisy26 Level 1

Thank-you A.T. I appreciate it.