18 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 7:52 AM by A.T. Romano

Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked

aorangi2

Hi

In my project, the comment line is just not accessible anymore like if the line would be block. Has someone an idea what going on?

Aorangi

• 1. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Something must have gone wrong in you translation, Aorangi. It's not clear what you mean by "the comment line is just not accessible anymore like if the line would be block".

• 2. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
            aorangi2 Level 1

iT'S HAPPEN THE SAME THING AS SAY IN EXCELL WHEN YOU BLOCK THE SIZE OF A COLUMN; YOU CAN CHANGE THE WITH OF THE COLUMN AND THEN YOU CAN BLOCK THIS WITH A FONCTION; WHEN i GO TO THE AUDIO MIX WINDOWS, THE TRACK OF THE COMMENT IS GREY; YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ACCES ANYMORE;

iS THAT CLERER,

aorangi

• 3. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I am still not following where this "comment line" is, in Premiere Elements.

Can you post a screen-cap of your program, showing us where this comment line is?

If needed, this Tips & Tricks article will tell you how to create a screen-cap, and how to attach the JPEG, or PNG to your reply in the forum: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4047580#4047580

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                A.T. Romano Level 7

arangi2

First, what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is this an issue "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before". I have created screenshots using Premiere Elements 12 as the model. Please check them out to see if any of the screenshots points to the place where you have the problem.

The columns that you see in the Project Assets, and you are looking for a place to put comments?

Comments.JPG

OR

Comments associated with the unnumbered Timeline markers?

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-forget-me-not-clip-details-and.html

Unnumbered Markers.JPG

You mention Audio Mix in all this. The following is what Audio Mixer looks like. Is this the area that you are in? I see no place for comments. Do you mean comments or sliders or place to make settings choices?

Audio Mix.JPG

Please check out the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                  aorangi2 Level 1

Sorry! PE12 Windows 8

I have a french version and the track  I am talking about is the "commentaire" track,the track use for narration.

I Start again

You have the track where you put your video rush on, underneath, you have 2 tracks, one for narration (comment/commentaire) and a another audio track underneath.

Those two tracks are not accessible anymore. I can listen to them when I play the video but I cannot make any change or move the file on the track. On the audio mixe board, those audiotracks are grey (the audio track from the video), I can make change on the video and audio track of the video but not on the other two

locked track.jpg

I make somme changes on my time line, I put a title so the video moved. I wanted to push the narration to match the video  and impossible.

audio mix.jpg

You can see the two meter on the right are grey

So I hope you understand my problemand sorry for the poor explanations.

Regards

Aorangi

• 6. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

aorangi2

Many thanks for your very helpful screenshots. I understand. I think that the problem was in the translation of "Narration" from French to English.

From your screenshot, you are using Premiere Elements 11, not 12. If you have 12, then the top line would read Quick - Guided - Expert (Rapide - Guidee - Expert). It is 11 that has only Rapide - Expert. So, please check that out.

I thought it usual that you had only three panels in Audio Mixer

A1 (Audio 1)

Commentaire (Narration Track)

Piste Audio (Soundtrack)

But, that is not unusual if you have set for "Delete Empty Tracks". Then only 3 audio tracks that you see would be normal and expected since you have audio on Audio 1, Narration Track, and Soundtrack.

You have all the panels that you need in the Audio Mixer. Are you saying that you cannot move the volume slider in each of the 3 panels that you can see?

greenaudio-1.jpg

When you have the Audio Mixer opened and you are playing back the Timeline content  in the monitor, can you see the green volume indicators going up and down in each of Audio 1, Narration, and Soundtrack (A1, Commentaire, Piste Audio).

Even though you cannot control Volume, do each of these 3 audio tracks still have sound?

There have been some mysterious issues with Premiere Elements 12 audio lately. We need to see if we can put this altogether. But, I want to be sure that we agree on the details of your situation. Have you looked at what is happening in both the Rapide and Expert workspaces?

Thank you. You have been very helpful.

ATR

• 7. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                      aorangi2 Level 1

Ok

Yes sorry for the number. It is PE 11. But since this morning I read 12 evrywhere.

When I play my video, I hear the audo and the audio green indicator are going up and down but I cannot use the cursor.

Aorangi

• 8. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

aorangi2

Thank you. I think that we are doing well on the details.Hopefully they will lead to the solution.

When you say that you cannot use the cursor, please explain a little more.

a. you cannot use the mouse cursor in the Expert workspace to move things around

or

b. you cannot move the volume sliders in the Audio Mixer up or down?

or

c. both

Have you had time to compare your results going from Expert to Rapide worksflows? Can you move thing around in Rapide whereas you could not do that in Expert? There is no Audio Mixer in Quick workspace.

ATR

• 9. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                          aorangi2 Level 1

In expert or Rapide, it doesn't make any difference. What I mean for the cursor or the meter, green  is going up and down as the video is running but The cursor is grey on the two audio tracks (narration and audio 2) and accessible on the audio from the video. The same for the number of the level at the bottom of the scale. It seems that those two tracks are dissable like on a menu some fonctions are grey because you are not in a position to use it. You can click every where on the track with the mouse, there is no reaction at all.Rapide or expert. In Rapide you push the narration but it doesn't move either. In expert you don't ever have a color change from dark green to light green when selected with the mouse. I hope it is helping to understand the problem

Aorangi

• 10. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

aorangi2

If you go to a new project, is the problem gone and for how long?

There are several reports about problems where users are finding that inclusion of Narration kills the audio in Audio 1 and Soundtrack. I have been trying to find the cause of that. Most of the time I cannot reproduce the problem. I did one time last night but cannot reproduce that again. Everything works here.

I have more exploration and experimentation to do.

In the past there have been reports of the narration track and/or soundtrack freezing after a lot of work has been done in the project. I think there was one answer that worked for at least one user, that was, to do some work in the Quick view and then continue in the Expert view. I will see if I can find that older thread related to Narration and Soundtrack spontaneous locking.

Right now, please let us know if starting a new project solves the problem and for how long.

More later.

ATR

• 11. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                              aorangi2 Level 1

I try to work a bit in quick view and see what happen.

thanks

aorangi

• 12. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

apramgo2

Also, please look at moving your audio to Audio 2, 3, 4, and above to determine if that makes any difference.

ATR

Add On...Please check the following thread, especially the report of the ID FiveBuy160 in post #10 of that thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5432719

Thank you.

• 13. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                  aorangi2 Level 1

Ok but the biggest problem is that I cannot come to the track. So I can't even delete it. The only thing I can do is to make a new project from the start. A fact is that I am training myself ith the book "in a class room" since about 4 months and in parralel I try to put my first video rush from last year holidays in a project. And obviously, with the time ,well, oh: I could have that and that etc  .I did a lot of change on my project,because I alway try a lot of things. And you said that this problem already happen  after  a lot of work has been done in expert.

So like you suggest I will work in rapide, make change one way then the other take title out put it again and see what happen. It would be good if Adobe people look at it because it would be a good fonction to be able to freeze a track to avoid what sometime happen," God! where is that gone".

Ok thank you very much. If I find something  Iwill tell you and carry on looking you seem to understand morew hat you are doing as me.
                                  Regards

Claude

• 14. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                    aorangi2 Level 1

In the past there have been reports of the narration track and/or soundtrack freezing after a lot of work has been done in the project. I think there was one answer that worked for at least one user, that was, to do some work in the Quick view and then continue in the Expert view. I will see if I can find that older thread related to Narration and Soundtrack spontaneous locking.

Well

I did as you exlain, I  play around in Quick viewe configuration for about 5 mn ( put effect, took it backetc) and suddently I notice that thefile on the  narration line turn  from orange to green and I could move the file on it. So now I will see if that hold.

Thank anyway for all your commentsw hich help me to come out of my probleme I hope Adobe will have a sharper look at it.

Best regards

Aorangi

• 15. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting development, and thank you for posting what is working for you.

It seems as though the Expert GUI is causing a few more problems, than just the "locked" Styles... H-m-m?

Appreciated, and hope that the change DOES hold for you - happy editing.

Hunt

• 16. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                        aorangi2 Level 1

Another things I did before was as explain somewhere, I took the folder with all the files of my speach out of the folder of my project, delete afterward from the ressources folder andthen  open PE11 and start to play. I don't know if that had an effect but that the way I did it.

A

• 17. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

aorangi2,

That's right, you have PrE 11, and not 12. I got confused a bit. The Styles issue, that I mentioned seems to have cropped up with PrE 12. Do not recall it being reported in PrE 11.

Now, various issues with the Narration and Soundtrack Audio Tracks go back for several versions, and seem to pop up from time to time, and with some Projects, but not others. That intermittent nature makes the problems hard to track down, but as users report on what has worked for them, users have been able to develop some workarounds, that get them back to editing.

As always, thank you for reporting.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 18. Re: Comment line inaccessible, track is bloked
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

aorangi2

I am just starting my day and am seeing your replies.

Great, great news that the project's narration issue has resolved. Great job.

The Styles issue where Styles cannot be edited in the Expert workspace is a Premiere Elements 12 Only issue to date. That is one of these issues that remedies with the assist of the Quick workspace. You should not have that to deal with using Premiere Elements 11.

The Narration/Audio details of what worked for you are important to all who run into this narration and audio track locking matters. Right now, especially puzzling are the reports by other users of narration causing no sound on the Audio tracks as well as Soundtrack.

I see no one fix for all, but rather try this and try that.

Many thanks for your very helpful details in the discussion.

ATR