4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 9:35 AM by sebdea

What frame rate to export from IND to SWF?

sebdea Level 1

Hi,

I created a catalogue in InDesign CC. I exported few pages as swf files. I also have a 3D flipping book software where I am just importing pages saved as: jpeg, png or swf and then I create the 3D effect. I must use swf files as each page contains links.

Bottom end, here is how my project looks: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3794714/3DBookPremiumProduction/3dbook_no_media_icons. swf

First 7 pages are exported as swf from InDesign, the rest are images.

Any valuable input will be appreciate it.

Sebastian

• 1. Re: What frame rate to export from IND to SWF?
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks to me like the exported ID swf's page flip animation is colliding with the flip book software's animation.

You could export the InDesign pages as jpegs and import images rather than swfs. If don't want to import pixels, you could export the ID pages as FLAs. FLAs don't include any page flip animations, so you could open the pages into FlashPro and save them out as static swfs.

To export a single page as an FLA you'll have to turn off facing pages, otherwise you'll get a spread.

• 2. Re: What frame rate to export from IND to SWF?
            sebdea Level 1

Hi Rob,

OK. This time I tried as follows:

1. Export InDesign to FLA.

2. Open Fla with Flash CC.

3. Export FLA to SWF movie.

4. Open SWF with Flash Player. It is not flickering anymore.

5. I imported the SWF file into 3D book project and it is steady as well.

Issues:

When I open SWF with Flash Player, and I went over the ink, the mouse pointer change its shape to a hand as if there is an acive link. Nithing happens when I click on link.

On the other hand, when imported into 3D book the same SWF file, the link is not even active. The mouse do not change its shape. Like there is nothing there.

Any idea how I mai solve this issue?

Warm regards,

Sebastian

• 3. Re: What frame rate to export from IND to SWF?
              rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you export an FLA no animations or links are included–you just get a static layout. If by links you mean URLs inside of text, I think you will have to remake them in the FLA file. If you open the movie clip for the spread in the Library and select some text you should be able to add a link via Properties>Options>Link

• 4. Re: What frame rate to export from IND to SWF?
                sebdea Level 1

Well, I just read a post about that for some reasons the links will not work if I access the SWF file in Flashplayer. Something related to local and webservers. I am not so tecj savy. However, there is an option to test the SWF file right from InDesign. So, I used that option and I set to check the SWF on browser. The links are working. I guess I have to pray they will work once the project is done and uploaded on a server.

Though I am not comfortable workin "blind".