3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 9:26 PM by claytontrain

Crashing

Cookie Jones

Indesign is crashing when I attempt to open a couple of the pages of a 48 page doc.

• 1. Re: Crashing
          Sumit_Garg Adobe Employee

Hi Jones,

There are few steps that you can do here:

• Try cleaning your preferences and then open your document.
          • If issue is specific to single document and above step does not work, you can share your file with us @  corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com

We would like to have a look.

Please mention InDesign version and Platform being used for this corrupt document in email.

• 2. Re: Crashing
            Cookie Jones Level 1

The Adobe help guy talked me through the cleaning up process but i have no

idea how to open these two pages to see what i need to re-create !

I am not sure about sending my whole doc over as its private ?

It will not pdf either

• 3. Re: Crashing
              claytontrain

Hi Sumit_Garg.

I have an InDesign file that I believe is damaged. Every time I open it, it freezes InDesign. I've tried using a blank open and export script to save the file as an idml, I've tried Stellar Phoenix... I've done lots of trouble shooting.

The thing is, when I try to open this file it DOES open for about 3-5 seconds before it freezes, and I can see that the vast majority of the document is there and intact. I very much need this file, as it represents years of work.

I have sent it to the e-mail address above as a Google Drive link. Could someone take a look for me and see if they can fix it?

Thanks SO MUCH!