3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 9:09 AM by A.T. Romano

adding music to media assets

PCNoviceMesa Level 1

I downloaded songs from itunes. I am unable to upload them to my media assets. someone suggested I convert them to WAV file which I think I have done but still cannot them to upload to media assets in PreEle12. any suggestions from anyone.

thanks

• 1. Re: adding music to media assets
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PCNoviceMesa

Have you converted your iTunes music to wav in iTunes by the following procedure

1. iTunes. Edit Menu/Preferences/General - Import Settings Tab/Import Settings Dialog where you set Import Using = WAV Encoder.

2. Then in iTunes, right clicked the song and selected Create WAV Version.

3. Made a copy of the WAV Version in iTunes and paste it into into Music Folder or to computer desktop.

Then in an opened Premiere Elements project, Add Media/Files and Folders - browse to saved wav music file/Project Assets from where you drag the .wav to one of the audio tracks or soundtrack.

Have you been there and done all that? If you have, where does the problem hit and is there an error message associated with the situation?

We will be watching for more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: adding music to media assets
            PCNoviceMesa Level 1

THIS WORKED!!     I had tried copy before but forgot the paste step. so thanks again for your quick reply and help. 2/3 of my frustration with PReELE12 and other software is my ignorance. being a senior citizen I don’t have patience at the PC that young people have to become familiar with all the software, each with its own menu and steps. just too complicated. 

thanks again...

• 3. Re: adding music to media assets
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PCNoviceMesa

Thanks for the wonderful news of "THIS WORKED!!". You did a great job in making that work for you.

Continuing success.

Best wishes.

ATR