6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2014 7:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Online Services Encounters and Error

Kellyberkeyart

Hello,

I'm running PE 12 and have successfully uploaded multiple videos to Vimeo this month, but the past two days I receive an error message "online services encountered and error. the service will now be terminated or paused if possible".

Is there an update or something I'm missing?

Thank you!

Kelly

• 1. Re: Online Services Encounters and Error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Kelly

Have you recap'ed on how many uploads you have had to Vimeo this week?

I believe there is a limit per week for uploads depending on the level of the Vimeo account.

Have you refreshed Online Services in Premiere Elements 12 Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing?

ATR

• 2. Re: Online Services Encounters and Error
            Kellyberkeyart Level 1

I have Pro so that isn't the issue. I'll try the refresh. I haven't heard of that before!

Kelly

• 3. Re: Online Services Encounters and Error
              Kellyberkeyart Level 1

It just said the refresh was successful and to restart. How often does this need to be completed?

Thanks ATR, you have been very helpful!

• 4. Re: Online Services Encounters and Error
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Kelly

I do not have any set time intervals for checking the preferences for Web Sharing. Typically I check it only when and if I have a problem in that area. Perhaps I should check before I do uploads.

Glad the suggestion seems to have worked.

If any further problems with those uploads via the program's Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo, double check Vimeo by exporting your Timeline to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file from the hard drive save location to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site. Depending on your Timeline details, you could look at the Video presets under Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD as export to file choices.

ATR

• 5. Re: Online Services Encounters and Error
                  Kellyberkeyart Level 1

ATR,

I have another question. Now my rendering seems to be taking longer. Generally a 30 min video takes about an hour to render, an hour to upload. Currently it is telling me it will take almost five hours to render the same video it took 1 hr to render earlier today and yesterday.

Also, when rendering to upload to a social website, it that within the software or is it also uploading to a social website. It goes through this rendering, then says uploading for about an hour so I'm just wanting to make sure I can be online from another computer during the rendering process.

Thank you!

• 6. Re: Online Services Encounters and Error
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Kelly,

When you use Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo, you bypass the steps of having to save your Timeline to a file and then upload that file to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site and your Vimeo account. Instead, the Timeline content is processed and uploaded to Vimeo from the program, using your Vimeo account.

With these longer times, check out the computer settings to assure that the computer does not go to sleep.

At this point, I can only speculate why the longer upload times

a. Vimeo problems - traffic or otherwise

b. Any chance that latest upload has some differences than earlier ones, effects applied such as Video Stablilizer

c. Generalized Internet Connection Problem

d. Any multitasking

e. Any pile up of Premiere Elements preview files, conformed audio, conformed video that might impact performance of Premiere Elements and computer

Do you still have any of the project.prels whose Timeline uploads were characterized by shorter upload times to Vimeo from Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo. You could try the upload again for one of these projects.

If you exported this current Timeline to file and uploaded it at the Vimeo web site, is the expected upload time still 5 hours?

Please review the above and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR