4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 5:09 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements Quits After Using DVD Template

filmguy96

I have been using Adobe Premiere Elements 10 for a few months while working on a project.  I finally finished and when dragging over the DVD template, the program just quits due to a "serious error."  I am very frustrated.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Quits After Using DVD Template
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Have you ensured that all photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

What are your project settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

Have you rendered the timeline (by pressing Enter) to ensure that there are no unrendered segments (indicated by a red line along the top of the timeline)?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Quits After Using DVD Template
            filmguy96 Level 1

hd 1080i, 29.97 frames/second, files are mpg files, no pictures, no unrendered areas,  it won't even let me load a dvd template if video is not in the timeline.

The program will just crash as soon as i try to drag dvd template into a project

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements Quits After Using DVD Template
              A.T. Romano Level 7

filmguy96

After you have responded to SG's questions, I have a few to ask.

What specific DVD Template theme are you trying to use in your Premiere Elements 10 project?

When you wrote

The program will just crash as soon as i try to drag dvd template into a project

Can we assume that you were using your mouse cursor to drag from the DVD Template thumbnail to the left into the Disc Menu window? If so, what happens if instead you click on the thumbnail to select it and then hit Apply. Same crash problem? In between tries to apply menu, are you hitting AutoPlay to get rid of the prior try before you try again?

How many Timeline menu markers do you have on your Timeline - main menu markers, scene markers, and stop markers?

How about taking a look at deleting the Premiere Elements 12 settings file...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Make sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements Quits After Using DVD Template
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We'll really need more complete information than that, filmguy. "hd1080i" could be any of a number of formats, codecs and resolutions.

Please answer our questions completely if you would like us to help you troubleshoot this problem. We can not help you without details.